Feinstein's 2013 Assault Weapon legislation summary

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
While all of you are jerking each others' chains, did you guys notice the little part of the legislation that reads...

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Makes it easy for them have a gun grab later if they so choose. For instance, in my state it is legal to purchase/sale weapons between residents without transfer fees/govt. interference. By this account, to keep those weapons one would have to register pretty much everything they own. Good luck with that! ****ing liberals are morons.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I have a question for those with semi auto rifles(AR and AK) now and more especifically those who had them in the previous ban. How difficult is it to get a hold of replacement parts for them?? Would it be easier to find replacements for ARs or AKs?

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Adam Lanza wouldn't have had one in the car if his mother didn't have one at home. Furthermore, there is no reason a civilian needs an assault rifle. Period.

TIL having "Period." at the end of your opinion makes it a fact.

Who are you or the media to say what a civilian should or should not have? Just because you may think nobody "needs an assault rifle", doesn't mean it needs to be so.

If/when this country is invaded, the militia is another line of defense, and when armies are coming with fully-loaded and high powered automatic rifles, I would rather have something of equal or better quality. And in case our own government attempts to take our personal rights away, I want the capability to defend them.

There will always be good and evil, and the only way to stop a malicious nutjob from shooting up a school is to have good folk armed and educated there to protect our children. Hell, we have armed guards protecting our bank vaults, why not have them protect our future generation?

Speak softly, carry big stick and you will go far.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
ok so you can still have guns happy?

"Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds"

Missed that portion of the proposed legislation?

MGC

Established Member
Interesting fact: no registered nfa weapon (fully automatic assault weapon) has ever been used in a crime. Civilian AR's and AK's are not assault rifles, they are simply rifles like any other that "look" evil.

MICHAELPAUL

Established Member
While all of you are jerking each others' chains, did you guys notice the little part of the legislation that reads...

Makes it easy for them have a gun grab later if they so choose. For instance, in my state it is legal to purchase/sale weapons between residents without transfer fees/govt. interference. By this account, to keep those weapons one would have to register pretty much everything they own. Good luck with that! ****ing liberals are morons.

This part of the bill will never pass!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
they want to outright ban ownership of all mags and drums that hold more than 10 rounds regardless of year made. also all existing assault rifles made and owned prior to when the ban goes into effect will be grandfathered in provided you register them with fingerprints, photographs, etc.

i bet ammo will be next....

i see a revolution coming from a well armed militia in the future....

Last edited:

stanglife0419

Established Member
Yeah good luck getting 100+ million people to register, because that's exactly what this country needs: to blow a ****-ton of money on a witch hunt when we're $15 trillion in debt.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I see this going nowhere. Feinstein introduces these stupid bills every year. Gun ownership is at an all time high as is acceptance of ownership as a hobby. The recent run on gun sales is as good an indication as any that the country does not support an AWB.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I have a question for those with semi auto rifles(AR and AK) now and more especifically those who had them in the previous ban. How difficult is it to get a hold of replacement parts for them?? Would it be easier to find replacements for ARs or AKs?

Parts wasn't to hard to get unless it was the reciever since US law says the reciever is the firearm and needs to be stamped with a serial number.

But magazines over 10 rounds and complete firearms that was on the list was totally different. I remember Calico M100's that was less than $300 retail jumped to almost $600 when the 94 AWB was implimented.

And Clinton said that it was the AWB that made him lose congress and really never got it back the remainder of his 2 terms.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Parts wasn't to hard to get unless it was the reciever since US law says the reciever is the firearm and needs to be stamped with a serial number.

But magazines over 10 rounds and complete firearms that was on the list was totally different. I remember Calico M100's that was less than $300 retail jumped to almost $600 when the 94 AWB was implimented.

And Clinton said that it was the AWB that made him lose congress and really never got it back the remainder of his 2 terms.

Good, I just picked up a ar15 bare lower receiver and plan on putting it together after I can figure out what set-up I want to go with.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

The number of Tobacco, alcohol, and drunk driving related deaths per year. Time to ban Tobacco, booze, and cars.

Blown 89

Established Member
Furthermore, there is no reason a civilian needs an assault rifle. Period.
Thankfully civilians rarely own assault rifles. Adam Lanza didn't use an assault rifle. Furthermore AR's make excellent hunting rifles. In Norther Arizona we use them to protect our herds. I just gave you two great reasons for needing them.

Paint a hunting rifle black and holy shit run for your lives it's an "Assault Rifle". People are morons.

DarkMach1

Established Member

Well I imagine a receiver failure is pretty rare, if anything is small parts that tend to give out. I really want an AR but figure AK parts might be easier to come by during a ban because they are made all over the correct.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
And he drove to the school in a car. WE NEED TO BAN CARS. How many people die from cigarette related issues. We don't seem to want to ban them. How many people die from alcohol related deaths? Nobody is trying to ban bars, or the alcohol companies.

More people die a year from drowning then from firearms. Shwould we ban water?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread