Fiesta ST battles Ecoboost Mustang, Focus ST, and '96 Z28

Bokeo

Established Member
Probably some of the slower cars that you have seen race but it was still enjoyable to see the differences. I've gotten probably about a hundred emails and messages requesting a race video featuring a Fiesta ST so I figured it was time to track one down.

Fiesta ST - Cobb Intake, Cobb Catback, Downpipe, Stage 3 Cobb Tune, BOV.
Ecoboost Mustang - Stock
Focus ST - Roush Intake, Catback, FMIC, Unleashed Tune
1996 Camaro Z28 - Stock, Auto LT1

[Youtube_Browser]VMwkva91MkU[/Youtube_browser]

T.Man

Established Member
I was surprised to see the LT1 hang... Haha

So out of character for that old turd. Thanks for sharing

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Great vid man, as always. I enjoy watching everyday cars going at it. Little bit jealous of that road you guys have too!

cam346

Established Member
yeah the lt1 ran good for stock the mustang eb ran strong from a roll

helloWorld

Established Member
I don't know how fair it would be, but I would love to see a race between that 5.0 in your signature and the Fiesta ST your video centers around.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I don't know how fair it would be, but I would love to see a race between that 5.0 in your signature and the Fiesta ST your video centers around.

LOL, why? The fiesta got pulled by a stock LT1, THE Mustang would rape the LT1.

TClark22

Established Member
So the Fiesta gets raped from a roll each time but rapes the opponents from a dig? Makes sense?!?!

Kiohtee

Established Member
So the Fiesta gets raped from a roll each time but rapes the opponents from a dig? Makes sense?!?!

It's stupid light and walking a fine line between roasting the tires and spinning just enough to move it before hooking. It doesn't necessarily hurt to spin a touch like that FiST, so long as it hooks quickly thereafter.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Driver mod?

Maybe these things are easy to launch or something. Theyre light on torque until the turbo spools, and arent the ST's lsd equipped?

Bokeo

Established Member
Driver mod?

Maybe these things are easy to launch or something. Theyre light on torque until the turbo spools, and arent the ST's lsd equipped?

No, Ford went cheap and decided not to put LSD in either Fist or Fost. Instead they get something called "Torque Vectoring" that fails miserably at its job.

Those seats on a non-performance pack mustang make me lol.

They are sweet seats none the less. I like them more then my Recaros. Either way, I would say even a 2.3 2015 Stang could probably hurt some feelings at an autocross if driven good.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Should have thrown in a 2015 GTI for good measure. When I bought my DD (new VW GTI) I drove all of the cars in this video except for the EB mustang and ended up with the VW.

There are a TON of good choices now days in the $20-25k "fun daily driver" market.

All great cars and great vid!

Last edited:

ROMM

Established Member
Should have thrown in a 2015 GTI for good measure. When I bought my DD (new VW GTI) I drove all of the cars in this video except for the EB mustang and ended up with the VW.

There are a TON of good choices now days in the $20-25k "fun daily driver" market.

All great cars and great vid!

Bingo! About time! I keep seeing all these Focus ST threads and don't see much mentioned about the GTI's. They are direct competitors. I am in the market for a new daily driver. I've looked at the Focus ST, WRX, GTI, and even a Honda Civic SI. So far I like the Focus ST and the GTI. The new WRX's are ugly IMO, even though I appreciate the performance, and the Civic can't compete performance wise with the group. I can get a 2015 Focus ST for around $28K with 0%APR. Also I can get a GTI for about the same, but only at 2.9%APR. The GTI I looked at did not have the +10HP performance package (not much of a package lol). The GTI is really cool, has alot of Audi in it's DNA. The DSG (a true dual clutch affair) is really cool IMO.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I passed on the PP. In stock form the new GTI is under rated by VW somewhere around 40-50hp. They consistently dyno about 220-230 whp in bone stock form and are rated by the factory at 210 crank HP.

Add a stage one tune and they belt out stupid power. Tons of cars making 300+whp tune only and trapping over 110 mph in the 1/4.

The interior is hands down outstanding and VERY Audi-ish.

Im anal and hand calculate every tank of gas and I haven't gotten less than 31 mpg combined for a tank on mine.

Overall the new GTI is REAL hard to beat in this segment.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fun video to watch. I liked seeing the FiST and FoST matched. The EcoBoost Mustang pulled hard.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
The Z28 is not stock has an intake, maybe exhaust. Look at the piping that leads to the throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread