Finally 08 gt5oo

miss03ow

Established Member
well after getting rid of my 03 back in 2007 i am the proud owner of a black 08 gt500, going to attempt to post pics, may need help with that. So i am thinking of evolution stage 2 kit to start previous owner put a magnaflow axleback and a k@n cai but no tune on the car :shrug:, any input would be appreciated also if anyone is in the lafayette area shoot me a message I am a bmw tech if anyone needs:beer::beer: let me know if the link works for the pics

shelby pictures by shammy29 - Photobucket

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Nice man. Do you have future plans for the car? i.e. bigger blower, etc. or are you going to keep the mods mild and enjoy the car? If you're going to do a bigger blower in the future I'd just recommend you do a lower pulley & leave the s/c pulley alone then. You can always keep the lower pulley on for a bigger blower & at the same time you'd get the same amount of power just about with a lower pulley.

Some simple mods to keep in mind that you won't regret & are fairly cheap until you know what route you'd take are: Reische 170 degree T-Stat, Roush 3x Larger Stock-Look intercooler Tank, CAI(you already have that), & a X or H-pipe (hi-flow or catless, I'd go catless since LA doesn't have emissions checks). Also I'd recommend centering the SHELBY emblem in the rear if it hasn't been already.

miss03ow

Established Member
Hoff been looking at ur car the last month or so and hate to say I do want to copy it if I had the money I would love your rims, if your ever around lafayette let me know, as for bmw yea got a cashier with a 135 that ran a 12.1 with only a tune and cai I put her down pipe on a week ago and it sounds mean and runs like a beast, def need the mods to beat her, seems like my 03 was a bit faster but was far from stock gotta get up to speed ty for the compliments I searched for 3 years to find the options and price i could deal with :beer:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Congratz on the new ride, looks great. You need a Tune with the K/N Cai on the car. Contact Justin at VMP for one of his packages. He also has a list of various mods made with Dyno sheets for the Shelby.
Get a Tuner and Tune and you will be good to go, and on your way to getting to know and enjoying your new ride.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Congrats! To post pics, just click on a picture in your pb account, click on the img link (which should automatically copy it), then paste it in a reply on here. That simple.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Hoff been looking at ur car the last month or so and hate to say I do want to copy it if I had the money I would love your rims, if your ever around lafayette let me know, as for bmw yea got a cashier with a 135 that ran a 12.1 with only a tune and cai I put her down pipe on a week ago and it sounds mean and runs like a beast, def need the mods to beat her, seems like my 03 was a bit faster but was far from stock gotta get up to speed ty for the compliments I searched for 3 years to find the options and price i could deal with :beer:

It's cool man, I take that as a compliment. I might be looking to get rid of them. Not really sure yet because I like them & am scared the next rims I go with won't look as good. I'd definitely let them go for a decent price if I do & we could meet up as well since you're not too far away to save on shipping costs. Let me know if you're ever serious about purchasing them & I might just let them go since you're close and I don't have to ship them.

Users who are viewing this thread