finally a terminator owner again!

selbyvince

Established Member
Congrats on the find. Gonna be a beast when it is completed. I really want the dark insert seats. Keep posting the progress

yeah, i actually bought some grey insert seats for the mach, then just bought the dark insert covers from cj pony parts are recovered them, they turned out pretty good for a home job.
Before:

after:

(i got them without the cobra logo, as they were going in a mach)

This build will be fun to follow. Congrats and keep the pics coming

thanks, will do.

Sweet! Love CO, glad to see you back in a Cobra! (I've got his old 03)

thanks man, hope you are still enjoying the 03 as much as i did!

Very neat project. I'm looking forward to seeing the process.

thanks buddy

Why cut the cage out?

because, i want a back seat, and if you look at the pics, the bars go right through the middle of where the back seats are suppose to be. + it will be more of a street car then a race car, so if i do end up putting another cage in, im going to go with the mm street/strip 6 point cage, which goes to the side of the back seat + has removable harness bar for easy access in the back + get swing out door bars.. much better cage for my intentions..

You truly are a sick bastard! Can't wait to see this done :rockon:

haha, appreciate those kind words :lol:

bad93svt

Established Member
Wow. I cant believe someone hacked up a comp orange cobra

On a positive note. Glad you are making her look good again!

selbyvince

Established Member
Wow. I cant believe someone hacked up a comp orange cobra

On a positive note. Glad you are making her look good again!

lol shes in good hands

everything going in this car, is new or like new.. this car will be babied

im trying to pull out everything that i can and replace it. got a really good rear end going in, all new gakets, o-rings, suspension, bolts, exhaust, plugs, filters, fuel tank and pumps, seats, wheels and tires, battery, .. like everything is literally new. then once it gets tuned, its going straight to get super detailed by a shop here by my house that will leave not one spot uncleaned. when its in the garage, its under a cover, and im working on an a/c in my garage,.. but not for the car as much as me lol. . i had actually picked up a 3.4 whipple the other day for it, and i have all the supporting mods, but i kind of got screwed around on paying off my mach 1, so i may have to sell it to finalize the pay off of my old car... we shall see.

selbyvince

Established Member
figured id kind of go down the list, so y'all can get an idea of whats in store for this car.

-5k mile 04 cobra crate motor, that i tore down and put all new gaskets and o-rings on everything (all ford racing or oem)
-posi race ported eaton/plenum/tb (freshly painted, and added a bf 2.93 pulley)
-powder-coated comp orange valve covers
-comp orange pulley bridge
-bf silver 4 piece idler set
-metco 6 lb pulley kit (used but i bought brand new hardware, and a new 6 lb ring)
-oem exhaust manifold gaskets with locking ford racing header bolts)
-deleted egr
-painted timing cover
-new kooks long tubes, kooks o/r x, borla stingers cat back
-moroso battery style intercooler tank (will be black or comp orange)
-new spark plugs, oil, and motorcraft filter
-new poly motor mounts, transmission mount, and new trans x-member
-new team z k-member w/ a-arms and all new hardware
-new 3.5 alt pulley for the 6 lb lower
-fairly new lakewood coilovers in the front
-fairly new d&d built 26 spline t56, spec 3+ clutch, aluminum flywheel, all new oem bearings, pro 5.0 shifter/handle/ball, all new oem clutch bolts,trans bolts,flywheel bolts
-fairly new 8.8 w/ spherical j&m upper/mm lowers, d-spec struts, detroit locker, c-clip eliminators, 31 spline superior axles, welded tubes and front brace, cobra flange, gt500 diff cover, h&r springs
-new glenns performance sleeper tank, -10, -8 lines, (2) jegs filters, magnaflow 750 pump, modified stock pump so gas gauge still works, all new wiring and relay circuit
-battery relocation w/ brand new optima red top
-newly covered seats (cage coming out)
-paint sub frame connectors that are on the car now
-most likely will go back with stock hood, and sell the saleens and get stock chrome wheels
-new sct tuner
-hilton high boost overlay
-all new brake pads
-new grill emblem

Everything listed above i have already purchased (except the stock hood and rims)
Sure i missed some things as well, this was just off the top of my head... also new o2 sensors

so this car will def be getting a total makeover, and is at the right home to get any attention it needs. lol

D-MANN

Established Member
I can't believe you found a comp orange as a roller.thats an incredible find. This build sounds awesome :) good luck with it. Hopefully you can keep this car and enjoy it.

selbyvince

Established Member
I can't believe you found a comp orange as a roller.thats an incredible find. This build sounds awesome :) good luck with it. Hopefully you can keep this car and enjoy it.

Lol, that's why I picked it up, not to often they come up as rollers, this one needed work but that doesn't scare me. Thanks

congrats and best of luck with it :thumbsup:

Appreciate it!

Dam Man U got it planned out ! Sounds awesome . Good luck with it all

Thanks Rudy

That black looks way darker than factory. Is it just the light or are they that dark?

They are a little darker in the pics, but, they look pretty close to factory color to me if they aren't a perfect match.

Oh and do you have the grey suede still I might be interested in them if you have it.

My buddy actually is the one that did them for me. If have to see if he still has them, I wasn't really worried about them after the new covers were on.

RichM1983

Established Member
My buddy actually is the one that did them for me. If have to see if he still has them, I wasn't really worried about them after the new covers were on.

Oh geez man they looked to be in good shape. I'll pay for them if you still have them and he didn't rip em up.

selbyvince

Established Member
Nice find Vince. Thats is a bad ass color..:rockon:

thanks Jerry, stoked to have found it, and actually buy it lol

Thanks man. Mine have some burns in them that need to be repaired but I'd rather replace.

ill pm you bro

On another note.... although i like the factory hood, the cowl hood has kind of grown on me... i found a cobra hood that would straight trade me, but its not comp orange... im not really worried about it to have to trade and then go get it painted... what you guys think? thinking if i do trade, i would wait it out for a comp orange one.. not really in a hurry at this point since its kind of grown on me

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
You sold your cowl hood?

Yea I'm thinking at some point I want the factory one back, but not in a rush.

Your car looks good with it, rather yours to mine. Your car looks sick in person btw. When's it going to be back on the road?

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
You sold your cowl hood?

Yea I'm thinking at some point I want the factory one back, but not in a rush.

Your car looks good with it, rather yours to mine. Your car looks sick in person btw. When's it going to be back on the road?

Thanks..

Yeah i sold it because i sold the 3.4. Going turbo so i want the stock look again:lol1:. I just wanted to change it up again..

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Car looks good, it cleaned up really well. Looking forward to you posting new pics as it progresses.

Users who are viewing this thread