finally a terminator owner again!

selbyvince

Established Member
Thanks..

Yeah i sold it because i sold the 3.4. Going turbo so i want the stock look again:lol1:. I just wanted to change it up again..

I hear ya on that. It's going to be a beast!

Car looks good, it cleaned up really well. Looking forward to you posting new pics as it progresses.

Thanks, yea I'm really happy it cleaned up as good as it did. Paint still near perfect. I'm getting parts in like crazy, it WILL be running next weekend. Hoping to have it tuned before Christmas.

Nice progress

:beer:

Cleaned up good.. Looks like its torch red in the pics. When dirty anyways

Yea I thought the same thing. It looked torch red in person too when I got it, didn't take long to see the orange come back lol. I'm glad I beat you to it :D

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
thats car deserved a good home to go to. She cleaned up great. Good job on the recovery, looks 10x's better than it did!

best of luck on the rest of it.

selbyvince

Established Member
thats car deserved a good home to go to. She cleaned up great. Good job on the recovery, looks 10x's better than it did!

best of luck on the rest of it.

100% agree lol, :beer: thanks, it went to the right spot to get the attention it deserves haha:D

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Looking forward to the motor drop! Nice job cleaning it up yourself for a starter point, looks damn good in the pics surprisingly considering the before pics. Don't skimp on pics in the upcoming progress, nice work. Terminator saved!

selbyvince

Established Member
lol thanks, dont worry, im big on pictures, when im home, i take pictures of everything.. more to come in a week.

I have a buddy that owes me a favor over right now doing some work for me, hes installing my built rear end, installing rear brakes and new pads, putting in my sumped tank with all the new fuel goodies on it, putting the headlights back in, AND i got my wife detailing the inside.. just a few things that can be out the way, that way when i get in next week, all i have to do is mount the transmission in, install the fuel injectors and rails, put the starter on, and drop the motor in.. then itll just come down to finish wiring up the fuel pump, connect the battery, put the new a-arms in and coilovers, and a few other small odds and ends--- cut the cage out and install the seats etc.. vacuum lines.. dont worry, thousands of pics to come as she comes back to life from a year or two of sitting up.

got news from the wife, the last of the parts are starting to arrive

comp orange powdercoated valve covers
poly motor mounts, poly trans mount, transmission x-member
metco lower bolt kit
metco 3.5 alt pulley

waiting on:
a-arms
hardware
hilton boost overlay
oil/oil filter/spark plugs
air filter
80 lb injectors
s/c pulley
drive belt
& trailer tires so i can use my trailer to tow this thing in for a tune.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I looked at the "before" photos and though, "wow, what a mess!" But after you cleaned it up it looked a thousand times better. Can't wait to see the finished product. I can only imagine how excited you are to get it completed. I wish you the best with it.

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
Ah i saw this car on craigslist locally, if you don't mind me asking how much did it run you as I'm trying to sell my 99gt roller with a 10pt moly cage as well at the moment

selbyvince

Established Member
I looked at the "before" photos and though, "wow, what a mess!" But after you cleaned it up it looked a thousand times better. Can't wait to see the finished product. I can only imagine how excited you are to get it completed. I wish you the best with it.

lol, yeah it was pretty rough when i got it, i was pretty amazed at how well it cleaned up, i have a bunch of clay bars and some wax on the way to the house right now lol, after i get the motor in, its getting stage 2 of the cleaning lol.

Ah i saw this car on craigslist locally, if you don't mind me asking how much did it run you as I'm trying to sell my 99gt roller with a 10pt moly cage as well at the moment

about double what i got for my mach roller lol. i paid more then what it was worth imo, but i got a car i always wanted so im happy with it. rollers are hard to get the money for whole, as what they are worth in parts. it really just boils down to what someone is willing to pay for it.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Awesome, can't wait to see progress pictures. Not sure why they put that roll bar in there, it doesn't appear to have door bars, so it's not really legal for anything, unless they just never finished it?

selbyvince

Established Member
yeah not a fan of this roll bar at all, previous owner said he didnt like door bars thats why there was none. i highly doubt i put one back in there, i was considering the 6 point maximum motorsports one.. but since it will be more of a street car then race car, i think that the roll bar will cause more harm then good, as in, if it does get in a wreck.. i dont think it will do anything excpet hurt the driver and passengers. i know it would mess up any part of your body that would come in contact with it in an accident. . so 99% sure there wont be one going back in.

selbyvince

Established Member
Did those giant wheels mess up the wheel well paint or anything?

nope, no damage.. i dont beleive they were ever actually used on the car, i think he bought the wheels used, and never finsihed the car to use them, but when i bought the car, that was the only wheels he had, so he put them on to move it. they were close, but they didnt rub, and all they were used for was to roll car on trailer, and then off.. once it got to my house they were pulled off.

UPDATES:

my fuel system is in minus running the power wire to the pump, and the ground. and running and securing the fuel lines.

Also, my built rear end is now in the car, rotors are on, new brake pads, everything good to go there minus bleeding the brakes.

(thanks to a local buddy who owed me a favor, and was able to go and knock that out for me so i could focus on getting the motor in)

Also, wife dropped off the remaining parts to asseble the motor to my buddies show where my motor is, he is going to have it completely buttoned up, clutch-flywheel-new bearings-trans on-/motor mounts on, and motor bolted to the k-member for me for friday. Saturday, it goes in!

Ill try and get the wife to get some pics of the rear end in place and the fuel system. :rockon:

selbyvince

Established Member
for those who didnt see in my last build thread, here is some mixed pictures of the rearend and fuel tank setup that is now in the cobra (pics are from when i was putting it in my mach, but was pulled back out when i sold the mach off as an unfinished project)

(Last pic, the tank is turned backwards, this is a sleeper setup, so nothing is visable from the rear of car)

selbyvince

Established Member
looks like a brand new set of afs 18" cobras will be in store for this car this weekend as well.. anybody need some brand new 100 mile black saleens lol

Users who are viewing this thread