Finally bought a Cobra

Daywalker

Established Member
December 21, 1999 I went to my local Ford dealership to buy a mustang. On that lot, there was a 1997 black on black GT and a 1998 white on black Cobra. After the down payment, the GT payment was going to be $230 per month and the Cobra payment was going to be $290. Since I was 21 years old, and scared to death, I bought the GT. Don't get me wrong I love my GT, but I had never gotten over not pulling the trigger on that cobra. So fast forward almost 15 years, I finally made up for it...
Vanna2.jpg

Vanna1.jpg

It came with the eibach springs but I'm thinking of swithing to the Steedas. It also came with a Magnaflow O/R x-pipie and cat-back though I'm hearing borla stingers are better? Also has a JLT intake and 2.8" steeda pulley. I added hood struts, the black FR500s, and the black steel bumper inserts. So far I love it, can't believe I waited so long...:D

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
congrats. As far as exhaust goes its personal preference. I had magnaflow catted X and stingers on my old 04 and it was one of the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. On my current cobra I have bassani offroad x and magnaflow exhaust and its too raspy under throttle. I'm going to swap the magnaflows out for stingers this winter. good luck

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Congrats on the cool new toy! I'm not sure about Terminator exhaust since mine is stock, but in the GT500 community, those that went with an off-road mid-pipe and Borla-S usually switch out their setup to something else. Borla-S + no cats = NASCAR loud.

Daywalker

Established Member
Sweet!
Don't ever go back!
Your fun has just begun.

I've still got my 97, not gonna give up on her just yet...:lol1:

congrats. As far as exhaust goes its personal preference. I had magnaflow catted X and stingers on my old 04 and it was one of the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. On my current cobra I have bassani offroad x and magnaflow exhaust and its too raspy under throttle. I'm going to swap the magnaflows out for stingers this winter. good luck

I actually kinda dig the raspy sound, perhaps I'll search for your combo on youtube and see if I can hear a difference. Thanks for the input...;-)

Congrats on the cool new toy! I'm not sure about Terminator exhaust since mine is stock, but in the GT500 community, those that went with an off-road mid-pipe and Borla-S usually switch out their setup to something else. Borla-S + no cats = NASCAR loud.

Hmm ok, being in CA I can't go too crazy though, the fuzz loves to give us a hard time about exhaust/emission stuff...:nonono:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. When we bought the 03 it had a bassani off road x and borla stingers. it was way to raspy in the throttle. i put bassani cats in and it sounds much better now.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member

Yup , I have long tubes , off road x and borlas and the car is crazy loud . At first I thought it was to loud but I got use to it and now I like it . Everyone else seems to enjoy it as well except for my neighbors .

Nice car OP . I like the black roof!!

Last edited:

sonicblue04gt

Established Member
Nice ride! Oxford White is a great clean choice! I also recently made the jump to a Terminator, and its Oxford White as well so I may be a little biased! Mine has the Bassani h with hi-flow cats and Borla Stingers and I think it sounds great! You will get a nice drone around 2000-2500rpm.

blk02edge

Established Member
I have a bassani O/R X and had the stingers and it was horrible. Way too loud and nothing but rasp. I just took the stingers out and put in magnaflows. 100times better, still loud but cut out 90% of the rasp.

Users who are viewing this thread