Finally, enough garage space *woot*

quad

Established Member
probably much much more. i was actually expecting a bigger house than this but being silicon valley i cant imagine how different the market must be. i know silicon valley has some insane pricing on housing!

your pool deck is probably the size of the average home out here lol. the quality of the craftsmanship looks top notch! id love to have a huge, 1 story house. just like that :beer:

how long have you been with google? since the beginning?

and lets see some pics of all those cars :bowdown:

When I heard it was over 10,000 s.f I guess you may be right. Al gore paid $8.8 million for his recent mansion - which is a little more over the top than this home.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2010/05/al-gores-massiv.html

Add in that the homes are selling for 67% less - I would not think this would go for more than $5-6 million. But yeah maybe $2-3 million is too low. He obviously got a great bargain.

Anyway regardless it is a very nice home and the property and surrounding area looks great!

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you want a live in waxing boy for your toys? I'll go topless if you like... Your move.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
When I heard it was over 10,000 s.f I guess you may be right. Al gore paid $8.8 million for his recent mansion - which is a little more over the top than this home.

Interesting. Al's house looks to be a lot less green than mine - which is somewhat ironic.

i was actually expecting a bigger house than this but being silicon valley i cant imagine how different the market must be.

Heh- the reason my house doesn't look like 11,000 sq ft in the picture is because it is two stories, and half is underground :D The design reduces heating/cooling costs; in addition, it has a 10 kW solar array to produce power, hybrid A/C, radiant floor heating, solar pool heating, coolstone interior to dampen temperature fluctuations, drip irrigation, etc. All in, it has the same carbon footprint as a 1,000 sq ft home.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
All in, it has the same carbon footprint as a 1,000 sq ft home.
That's awesome. My 1400 sq ft house has the footprint of a football stadium. lol If I ever build I'm deff going to look into all the energy saving doodads.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Just went through the thread, minus the b.s. from V6Camaro it's full of win.

Definitely in for pics when the garage is stocked up w/your goodies.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
No kidding. I don't see a great solution :( The logical alternative is to stop posting about myself here, and delete my 'sig. I'd rather do so than be an ass; on the other hand, the majority of responses I get on this board say people enjoy seeing what I'm up to.

Thoughts?

I don't think you're being an ass at all. I enjoy seeing how the other "half" lives. :beer: Good for you man, you deserve what you've earned. Anyone that things you're being a cocky asshole doesn't know where you're coming from and takes you all wrong.

I think it's especially cool that a rich executive is enjoying cars!

Crazzzzyyy place man, I hope you're enjoying life.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. As stated many times in all of your threads its always great to see what you have been up to and what car you might have bought!

oldmodman

Established Member
Beautiful house.

And congratulations on going the extra mile to "go green" On a house that big the cooling bills could kill you if it wasn't efficient.

How is the above ground story insulated? A client just shot a story on a house under construction in Idaho. The walls were made with engineered I-beams instead of studs so they could spray in 14" of sprayfoam insulation. He was told that the house will loose so little heat in the winter it may not need any heat beyond what the electronics in the house will produce. And they installed solar electric panels on a sun tracker to maximize power output. And solar assist water as well. One thing they did that you won't need is the radiant heated driveway for snow removal.

quad

Established Member
Beautiful house.

And congratulations on going the extra mile to "go green" On a house that big the cooling bills could kill you if it wasn't efficient.

How is the above ground story insulated? A client just shot a story on a house under construction in Idaho. The walls were made with engineered I-beams instead of studs so they could spray in 14" of sprayfoam insulation. He was told that the house will loose so little heat in the winter it may not need any heat beyond what the electronics in the house will produce. And they installed solar electric panels on a sun tracker to maximize power output. And solar assist water as well. One thing they did that you won't need is the radiant heated driveway for snow removal.

No kidding about the bills. My parents were gone for the summer and I forgot to turn the air conditioning up to 78. It was at about 72 for two months. Their bill was $300 a month I believe - in part because the furnace is not 90% efficient and the windows date from the 80s. And this is a home that was just sitting there in the shade with more brick then windows. The insulation in the walls may also not be up to more modern standards. We did have a warm summer though...

Your client's house sounds similar to SIP (Structurally Insulated Panels) construction tech - but with those the the insulation foam is a 4'x8' or larger sheet that is sandwiched with plywood or metal panels to form one structural unit. Exterior siding or masonry is then applied similar to normal construction. Or it could have a metal finish. The panels interlock with studs, i-beams, channels etc.

Here is a home made with SIP panels:

taliesin-mod-fab-house-01.jpg

Last edited:

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
Hahaha I knew it would get your attention :D

There's a lot of guys that store their own helos in our hanger and they come and fly them whenever they want...it's definitely a lotttt of fun. And I completely agree...also it's a ton of fun being able to do a million things that planes aren't able to...for example: hovering....or landing wherever the heck you want :rockon:

next thing you know hes gona be adding a helipad next to the garages, nice house OP, do you need a dish washer haa.
GOOGLE it.

LMAO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread