Finally I got a 03 cobra!

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I sympathize with you on the quietness. One of the things I hated about mine when I got it was the fact it was quieter than my 02 GT I traded in for it. both had stock exhaust by the way.

Follow the advice above. Three main things. First get a cat back, they can sound pretty good with just a cat back. Skip the mid pipe until later. Next do the intake (needs more air), then a 2.76 upper and a good tune. You'll swear you just got a new car.

04gtstang

Established Member
Congrats bro! Just picked mine up last december....still LOVING it. AMAZING cars!

That first drive when first picking it up just feels amazing doesnt it! :D Ill never forget it!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats! :rockon:
When you get the 2.76 pulley make sure you get a 2lb or 4lb lower pulley to reduce belt slip and raise your torque. :thumbsup:

Adding a lower to an already small upper doesn't reduce the chance of belt slip man.

Where's our pics man?

Juruense

Banned
Hey man do not listen to all these guys telling you to mod your new Cobra. Learn about it first and get it running in top condition prior to modding it.

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
Congrats on the new ride. Careful with the mods, it's like blow to a stipper... Once you start spending $ on it, you might find yourself SOL.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
Always loved them finally got one :) its red with a tan top. Its soo nice I love it i traded my 5.0 in for it. Only thing about it is she is pretty quiet. But that sound makes me go crazy. Only has subframes on it has 22k. Hopefully mod her in the future with the pulley and stuff. But next I need exhuast lol. Maybe ill post pictures later tonight or on friday.
Congrats and welcome
no one cares

Haterz these days (jus shake em off it's nuthin:lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread