Finally joined the 700rwhp club!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I installed a Whipple 2.9 Crusher with a 3.5" upper and a 6lb. Metco lower. With a safe tune she made 700 and some change. Driveability is really predictable and smooth. I can't believe she makes that much power and yet my Grandmother could drive this thing! If she were still alive.
Very happy with the tune Lideo at Alternative Auto dialed in too. Thanks Lideo!
I know there are guys out there who have made more power with less blower and that's cool but just wanted to post up my results.
Very, very happy with the car.

Ray H.

89slowgt331

Established Member
Congrat's Ray! I saw you car spin the roller's right before mine. The guy's at alternative could not believe my car had 108k on it. My tune is good but it is hard to start hot so I might have to give lideo a call.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Gotta love the power! Very addicting though, it's crazy how fast you get used to it. Then to feel a difference you gotta add increments of 100whp lol

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Nice Ray she must be an animal when you mash the throttle from a roll IF it hooks haha!
What rear rubber you running..

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Congrats. Im hoping to join that club after I leave the sandbox. Have a 2.6H with MPH plenum, Comp 3, and Kooks 1 3/4 headers. With supporting mods I hope to be in that range

GodStang

Established Member
Congrats and welcome to the club. Just a few years ago people were saying twin screws could not hit 700rwhp without juice. Good to have another member!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats!!!! will be ordering a boost overlay on moday

Awesome! I've got one waiting for you!
Thanks for the replies everyone.

To answer a couple of questions. Motor is totally stock. Short block, heads, cams etc. I've never had the valve covers off!
Stock exhaust manifolds too. I was told at this level I'd pick up some HP with long tubes but I'm not really ready to do that just yet. Just glad to have the car back and have it running so well. I am running NO cats and a Bassani exhaust.

Boost is 24.8 and holds steady throughout the pull. Dyno registered 600+ ftlbs at a little over 3,200 rpms and pretty steady till 6,000 or so.
Torque max was 634 at 5,000 rpms and (I'll have to change my HP numbers in my sig) because they are actually 706 not 708 just to be accurate.

I sold my 2.3 Whipple which was a great blower to a lucky guy in Canada. He will be making some nice power soon eh!

I had purchased a 4.0 Whipple Crusher to replace the 2.3 but decided the 2.9 Crusher would be easier on my stock motor so I sold the 4.0.

I still can't believe how well mannered this car is and yet makes this kind of power. I will never sell my '03! She's a keeper!

Ray H.

gabe1530

Banned
very nice!! stock manifolds too, thats impressive. i bet youd pick up an easy 50+ with longtubes. great job!

Users who are viewing this thread