Finally Joined

EAPESQ

long time cobra *****
Established Member
I have been the proud owner of a black 03 Cobra coupe since 2005. It now sits with 27,000 miles on it and I have experienced and solved basically every issue with this car. I never got the dreaded tick though. It has: JLT intake, 2.8 pulley, TriAx, Centerforce dual friction cluth, Fidanza flywheel, Battery relocated to trunk (deleted spare), A.T. Cat back, 18 inch AFS wheels, Hawk pads, Lowered 1.5". It was tuned by Jannetty Racing in Waterbury , CT. It put down 446/442. It drives and looks like it is brand new. My brother is a fan of the higher end German cars and has given me the opportunity to spank his former Boxter, Cayman, and believe it or not his 2009 M3. Although I am a new member, I have used this site on numerous occasions as a valuable resource. Technology has caught up with the terminator and there are cars out there that will easily keep up . Therefore I am upgrading to a whipple. I was wondering if anyone could post their dyno sheet for the 2.3 and the 2.9 so I can compare the two across the power band.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance. Sorry you had so many issues over the years. I see you used Jannetty Racing for your tune. He's about 5 minutes from where I lived. I would highly recommend another tuner. Check out EFI Logics in Bethel. They have been tuning Terminators for years and have more experience with them than Jannetty. Here is the link if you're interested. I'm sure they can give you a better tune. Ask for Chris. IMO he is the best tuner in Connecticut and one of the very best in the northeast and beyond. EFI Logics - Connecticut's Premier Dyno Tuning Service

EAPESQ

long time cobra *****
Established Member
Thank you for the response. Were you from Cheshire by any chance? I will be retuning after I install the whipple, injectors and tb. I heard the 2.3 is better for real world street driving (low end grunt) is this true? Will be running close to stock pulley with a safe 91 tune.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Thank you for the response. Were you from Cheshire by any chance? I will be retuning after I install the whipple, injectors and tb. I heard the 2.3 is better for real world street driving (low end grunt) is this true? Will be running close to stock pulley with a safe 91 tune.

I think your question will probably be best answered by deciding what kind of power you want to make and on what kind of boost. The 91 octane will hurt some and you won't be able to crank the boost or timing but there are a lot of people out there making decent numbers on 91.

The whipple 2.3 is more available in the market section though and is cheaper. That may be an option.

Last edited:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I'm in the same boat! 2.3 or 2.9, 91 gas, tb, injectors. Also for street use. Not sure which direction I want to go yet. Subscribed =)

EAPESQ

long time cobra *****
Established Member
I would like to see around 500/500+. I know I can achieve that with an overdriven ported eaton but have decided on the more efficient twin screw setup. I think I answered my own question. 2.3

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I would like to see around 500/500+. I know I can achieve that with an overdriven ported eaton but have decided on the more efficient twin screw setup. I think I answered my own question. 2.3

Sounds like it will do the job then. Look for one used in the market. Much cheaper than new. Or if you insist on one new call Tousley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Yes, I'm from Cheshire. Where are you located in CT?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

3.50" upper, stock lower, stock exhaust manifolds, stock throttle body, stock cats and H pipe, untouched stock long block.
JLT 12" CAI, SCT 2400 MAF, 60s, BAP w/ wire upgrade(also a trunk mount battery), PPRV delete, Magnaflow 2 1/2" cat back, RWTD email tune, adjusted via Xcal2 by me.

2.3 Whipple
Web0002.jpg

EAPESQ

long time cobra *****
Established Member
Cookhill, Been too busy to drive it much over the last 2 years. I need to rectify that. By the way, you have helped me more than you know over the past few years. Thanks.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cook Hill! Yeah, I drive on Cook Hill on a regular basis. Nice area. I'll have to watch for your Cobra, Enzo. A shame it's getting close to the time most put their muscle cars in "hibernation" for the winter. I hate winters up here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread