Finally landed a black “R” hat!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I’ve been searching a long time, but I finally scored a black R hat. I have 2 of the tan versions, but couldn’t find the black one for a long time.

57E6E61E-26E3-478A-9416-E090511E458A_zpsbe1bvoak.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Somewhere I have a picture of the original 2000 Cobra R Black hat that came out when the 2KR was new. It was the Black hat that came with the media kit and was also in the Ford apparel catalog along with the Tan hat. I can't find it right now, but if nothing else I will shoot some pictures tomorrow with a side-by-side of the Black hat you have pictured above.

I do remember that the original 2000 Cobra R hat did not have Red in the bill, and I believe it had "SVT" embroidered in Red just above the hat adjustment.

It has probably been 8 years (or so) since I looked at the 2000R hats, so I will have to refresh my memory. I'm pretty sure that the hat pictured above is/was offered for sale by the SVTOA starting around 2005 or 2006? I don't remember, it was around the same time that they offered the poster with the Red R in the middle and many small Cobra R owner pictures around the Red R. My cars are somewhere on that SVTOA poster.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Shown below is the original Black SVT 2000 Cobra R hat side-by-side with the SVTOA hat that was offered later...........

SVTOA on right...........

001.jpg

Red SVT embroidery on the original hat..........

002.jpg

Buckle strap adjustment on the original.......

003.jpg

Note - White outlined R on SVTOA.........

008.jpg

The three side-by-side...........

007.jpg

Not that any of this really matters, but if you are in search of an original Cobra R hat, you don't want to pay bigger money for something that is misrepresented.

This Cobra R hat is the RARE one. Only a few were made for the 1993 Cobra R, and most were worn I'm sure..........

004.jpg

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
..............and this hat, not Cobra R, but instead "COBRA" only, it is a cool Ford apparel hat that was available for a period of time, I believe around the 1999-2004 New Edge era..............

009.jpg

010.jpg

R

Goose17

Established Member
Good stuff Robert! If you or anyone else has any hats for sale, please send me a pm.

Thanks!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
You guys should get together and open a museum.

Not really museum or display interest on my end, more of informational to those who have interest in the knowledge. I have posted most of this info. in the past, but there are many newer owners in search of information on these R car related things and Photobucket has changed their policy and my previous pictures are no longer viewable.

Many owners don't know there were two different polo shirts produced by Ford/SVT related to the 2000 Cobra R, one for the Ford employees who worked on the project and the other (more common) to the SVT employees who worked on the 2KR project.............

Ford employees.............

Picture1725-7.jpg
Picture1726-6.jpg

SVT employees............

Picture1727-3.jpg
Picture1728-2.jpg

and the embroidery work between the two is different.............

Picture1731-1.jpg

I have not found two varieties of the 2000 Cobra R long sleeved wind shirt.

But this is a hat thread, not an apparel thread and ALL of the Cobra R hats are cool.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
^^ I “Neeeeeeed!”

That is the problem with the Cobra R collectibles.........I found it can consume lots of time and money just gathering the stuff, especially for all three R's (mainly the 1995 and 2000).

I don't think I have every posted pictures of the shirt below, and I almost forgot about it..........there was also a White 2000 Cobra R polo that is very seldom seen, it was also a Ford employee version for those who worked on the Ford side of the 2000 Cobra R project.......

011.jpg

012.jpg

^^^^Apparently there were some on the Ford side that wanted White instead of Black. I have never seen a White SVT labeled 2000 Cobra R shirt.

R

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 93

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
^^ I “Neeeeeeed!”

That is the problem with the Cobra R collectibles.........I found it can consume lots of time and money just gathering the stuff, especially for all three R's (mainly the 1995 and 2000).

I don't think I have ever posted pictures of the 2000 Cobra R shirt shown below and I almost forgot about it because it is in a hanging bag to keep it dust free.........There was also a White 2000 Cobra R polo that is very seldom seen, it was also a Ford employee version for those who worked on the Ford side on the 2000 Cobra R project.......

011.jpg

012.jpg

^^^^Apparently there were some on the Ford side that wanted White instead of Black. I have never seen a White SVT sleeve 2000 Cobra R polo.

R

Last edited:

Goose17

Established Member
Robert, you NEED Super Snake mod money and I NEED R shirts and hats! ;)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert, you NEED Super Snake mod money and I NEED R shirts and hats! ;)

Tim - You would swim in those R shirts, they are sized for the "full figured" 2000 Cobra R owner........ ; )

That being said, they are Great display items. These shirts can be pressed and matted in shirt forms and displayed in frames. <<But most owners want to wear them.

R

Last edited:

Goose17

Established Member
Tim - You would swim in those R shirts, they are sized for the "full figured" 2000 Cobra R owner........ ; )

That being said, they are Great display items. These shirts can be pressed and matted in shirt forms and displayed in frames. <<But most owners want to wear them.

R

Good point. I wear a medium to large, but I could still hang an XL shirt on the wall of my “museum!” :D

JeremyBoc

Established Member
I'm new to the forum and just found this thread. My Dad owned 2 of the 95 R's and recently passed. I believe he may have had every R shirt/hat ever made. I will see if I can put a picture together this weekend.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'm new to the forum and just found this thread. My Dad owned 2 of the 95 R's and recently passed. I believe he may have had every R shirt/hat ever made. I will see if I can put a picture together this weekend.

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing. He definitely had good taste!

Looking forward to your pictures. I’ve seen a number of items for sale in the past, but they’ve always been XLarge size or above. For me, that would be wall art rather than usable.

Last edited:

Goose17

Established Member
Sorry to hear of your fathers passing. He definitely had good taste!

Looking forward to your pictures. I’ve seen a number of items for sale in the past, but they’ve always been XLarge size or above. For me, that would be wall art rather than usable.

Also sorry about loss of your father Jeremy.

Slowbra, I have the same problem. I’ve come across some shirts that I would have bought if they weren’t enormous. I would buy any Cobra R shirt that was a medium/large.

JeremyBoc

Established Member
Dad had some of these made. Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 8.49.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 8.49.10 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 151

Users who are viewing this thread