Finally picked up a Viper...

crazycarlo

Established Member
Great looking car man. Your mystic is one reason I started looking for a 98. I used to work in Bluffton and would see it sitting at Bev's shop sitting all pretty on the steeda rims :) congrats on the new purchase. Bring it to Savannah one day if ya can.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Nice ride and congrats. I've always liked Vipers. I started playing around with the idea of buying a Terminator around 2007, got serious about it summer of 2012 and finally pulled the trigger on my <20k mile one owner about 6 weeks ago. I was able to pay cash for mine, but I'm older than you. As long as you don't also have a daily with a big payment, I don't see a problem with financing it at your age. I can tell by just your few post in this thread that you have your head on straight for a 26yr old and will be just fine in life. Now try to hurry and pay it off before you do get engaged and the future wife starts talking about how the two of you could free up some money each month if you didn't have that Viper payment :bash:

19935.slow

Established Member
Nice ride and congrats. I've always liked Vipers. I started playing around with the idea of buying a Terminator around 2007, got serious about it summer of 2012 and finally pulled the trigger on my <20k mile one owner about 6 weeks ago. I was able to pay cash for mine, but I'm older than you. As long as you don't also have a daily with a big payment, I don't see a problem with financing it at your age. I can tell by just your few post in this thread that you have your head on straight for a 26yr old and will be just fine in life. Now try to hurry and pay it off before you do get engaged and the future wife starts talking about how the two of you could free up some money each month if you didn't have that Viper payment :bash:

Loved that last part :beer:

Good story and pics op. Must be a great car to put around in I'd bet!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Sick and congrats!

I still want a Gen2 GTS to add to my garage.

pony23

Established Member
Nice car. They are a very different car than the Mustang. I bought mine 2 months a go and love it. They are a serious head turner. Have fun with it.

HandBanana

Established Member
Am I the only one who noticed the purchasing of a Mystic Cobra as a freshman in high school? So you had the monies laying around as a 15 year old to buy what was probably at least a 15k car back then? I'd imagine you've had some help with your vehicles considering that statement. However, older Vipers are becoming more and more affordable these days. I've seen quite a few in the high 20/low 30 range.

out99sider

Established Member
Am I the only one who noticed the purchasing of a Mystic Cobra as a freshman in high school? So you had the monies laying around as a 15 year old to buy what was probably at least a 15k car back then? I'd imagine you've had some help with your vehicles considering that statement. However, older Vipers are becoming more and more affordable these days. I've seen quite a few in the high 20/low 30 range.

I also appreciate your concern into how I pulled that off. I have worked since I can remember, saving up a little under half of the 10K I paid for my Mystic freshman year. Living in a resort community, I began at 14 years old doing something that capitalizes on the tourism this island sees. I had my father secure financing through a credit union in his name when I purchased the car because I obviously did not have credit yet at that age. Every single payment was made from money I earned. During junior and senior year of high school, I worked 4-5 nights a week at an area restaurant. Growing up in an affluent area, I have seen kids my age handed everything. I did not have the privilege of being one of them but at the same time I do not look down on them for having had that luxury. I currently make more than my parents combined and help them out with things time to time.

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
I found Rockstar to be priced high when looking at Cobras. My office is about 10 minutes away from them so I check their site every now and then. I will agree they are very nice to work with. Just can't seem to find a competitive price on anything I wanted. Glad you seemed to have a better experience on the price end of things.

They also referred me to Southeast and they have been great. I have financed two different vehicles through them. Great rates, easy to work with.

Another one to check with around here is Old Hickory Credit Union.

Good Luck

HandBanana

Established Member
I also appreciate your concern into how I pulled that off. I have worked since I can remember, saving up a little under half of the 10K I paid for my Mystic freshman year. Living in a resort community, I began at 14 years old doing something that capitalizes on the tourism this island sees. I had my father secure financing through a credit union in his name when I purchased the car because I obviously did not have credit yet at that age. Every single payment was made from money I earned. During junior and senior year of high school, I worked 4-5 nights a week at an area restaurant. Growing up in an affluent area, I have seen kids my age handed everything. I did not have the privilege of being one of them but at the same time I do not look down on them for having had that luxury. I currently make more than my parents combined and help them out with things time to time.

So you saved up 5k in a year or less "capitalizing" on tourists? How were you able to work at 14? What did you do during your sophmore year, "capitalize"? Not doubting anyone's abilities but seems unlikely.

out99sider

Established Member
So you saved up 5k in a year or less "capitalizing" on tourists? How were you able to work at 14? What did you do during your sophmore year, "capitalize"? Not doubting anyone's abilities but seems unlikely.

Haha ok man, your asked for it. My day "desk job" is marketing for one of the leading timeshare companies in the world. Here are my abilities that I use to hustle on the side:

d8ks8.jpg
[/IMG]

2z82due.jpg
[/IMG]

2s1at5h.jpg
[/IMG]

Cobracrazee1

Established Member
Congrats brotha, drive safe and enjoy. Life is too short. Do the things you dream about now, you don't know what life could bring tomorrow.

Stolen 98

Established Member
Congrats...My buddies uncle had one of the first RT-10's in Ohio. We'd take turns going for rides with him when we were in middle school. One of the first cars that cemented my love of muscle cars, I'll never forget that feeling of being pinned back in the seat getting on the freeway for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread