Finally started up, didn't go so well

cyclegrip

Established Member
Well I finally got it start it up after all my maf issues
Ended up with a vmp maf and got their pigtail wired in correctly

Now I ran it for like 5-10 mins while I was checking things here and there making sure vitals were fine and at the end I noticed the turbo wasn't spinning at idle -_-

Apparently my oil feed line had air in it and it never got to the turbo, well I bled the line and got oil to the turbo finally but I'm pretty sure it's too late, doesn't have a mile on it. What are my options here? Can I rebuild it/replace the bearings? Or can precision warranty it?

Also my next question is, it seems to have a ton of blow by. I have an mmr catch can with both lines running to it and it caught quite a bit of oil and smoke comes out of the top of it. Common with just a base tune and not being dyno tuned yet?

So frustrating, atleast I'm keeping the miles off it huh

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
Smoke coming outta the turbo or crank case...did you prime the turbo prior to starting..also how can there be air in the oil feed line...cold starts should be at or a bit more than 80psi?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Fwiw my brand new forced inductions turbo didn't spin at idle. Was a T6 1.10 87mm exh wheel. Took quite a few miles before it spun at idle.

When you crack the throttle will it spin at all?

edit: never heard of having to bleed an oil line. Like above, pressure should be enough.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Is this a new motor? If so it smoking and having blow by may be very normal until those rings set. If not a new motor, it could just be condinsation from sitting for awhile and it will need to get up to temp and stay there for it to burn off.

cyclegrip

Established Member
Nope not a new motor and it's starting to spin a little easier now, I was about to cry
Going to get dyno tuned the 28th, so excited

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I bet the turbo is fine. Running it at idle doesn't put much of a load on it. Like mentioned already, I'm having a hard time understanding air in the lines. 100PSI of cold oil pressure would push out the air about instantly.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Ball bearings don't need a lot of oil your probably OK

The oil pump should force the air out of the line in "seconds"

Users who are viewing this thread