Finally...The day has come!!! (New Owner)

FireCob

Established Member
Got my hands on another Terminator, much cleaner than my first with double the miles!

Now I'm in my 30s with a growing family and have no desire to be the fastest guy on the street, but I've had the car for just over 2 weeks now, and I have the serious itch to modify. It's just too tame as it sits. No iconic supercharger scream, no iconic V8 burble....nothing. Blank slate. Before buying, I took to a local reputable shop and had it dynod, put down 386rwhp and came with a bulging folder of all records and receipts.

I've gone back and forth about modding, and made the decision to start very mild and keep everything easily reversible. At this point I'm not too interested in huge power gains, but just to find her character and make driving it as enjoyable as possible. At one point in my life I had to be the fastest, turning a great street car into a strip only car and a money pit. I do not have that desire anymore. The best thing about this car so far is that it works...it just needs a little enhancement.

20170419_134853.jpg

20170419_134853.jpg
20170418_165529.jpg

20170418_193039.jpg

Last edited:

TrucidoDeus

Established Member
Awesome! I too just finally got one after years of lurking. Wanted one since they were new and all I could afford was an old Vortech'd 2000 GT. 10 years later I finally got one.

GL keeping her stock :)

FireCob

Established Member
Thanks! The temptations are real. The voices in my head are screaming FTBR Kit! Whipple! Subframe Connectors! DO ALL THE THINGS!

lol

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Congrats! Yes a bone stock terminator can be too mild. Even a catback exhaust and intake really liven up the driving experience. Best of luck with it, and enjoy!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
As stated above, put a pulley on that blower and get her tuned. A BilletFlow 2.93 or 2.76 pulley will really wake that engine up. It's like getting on a roller coaster for the first time. At the very least, change out those stock idlers, they've been known to explode. Best of luck and enjoy.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Awesome pick up. I finally got one but I did a swap on a 99 cobra to have the terminator setup. May not be a real 04but I am very happy. Good luck with what you decide to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Your terminator looks fantastic! The pics really show how well it was cared for. I recommend pulley, tune, and catback based on what you seem to be after. Like others have said, a pulley and tune will make a significant difference and the catback will add the exhaust note that all muscle cars deserve. A ported Eaton isn't too invasive down the line and it also increases the SC whine. I'm over 500rw with my ported Eaton. It has plenty of power and it retains a stock-ish look. Anyways, welcome to the terminator club. I definitely know how finally getting one feels.. congratulations!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Do the pulley before the tune to save money you won't regret it. Also if you haven't picked up the triax return it and get an MGW. Car looks very clean congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Congrats on the new Terminator! Like others have said do the pulley before the tune. You will thank yourself later.

FireCob

Established Member
Thank you guys for the welcome and advice! As much as I'm fighting the idea of pulleying it, it'll likely happen sooner than later. Pulley is my gateway drug to whipple...slippery slope.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Grats on the new ride! IMO go ahead and KB or whipple it. Gotta stay ahead of the newer faster cars and a pullied Eaton won't cut it. I didn't race my terminator when I had it, but still didn't waste time installing a KB 2.6H, and getting it tuned. Car drove like stock @624rwhp but a lot more fun.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! I had mine maybe 2 weeks and did the pulley, intake, exhaust. You might need a tune just swapping intakes.

I was going to do exactly what your about to do, and the shop said throw a different pulley on. It's simple and effective. It made 455/479.

FireCob

Established Member
That's just about perfect...450whp with the iconic noises that's known for a Terminator is what *I think* will keep me happy for a long time (I HOPE)!

Users who are viewing this thread