financing suggestions for 04 co cobra

Kornilov

Established Member
I know what your sayin but I dont want a 14 shelby I want a co cobra they will be way more rare and hard to come by one day im lookin down the road if there will still be a road $$$$$

14 Shelby GT500 will be more of a collector car than the Terminator in 25 years. 660 hp vs. 390. For a moment in time, the GT500 was THE most powerful production car on the market. That will be much more desired than the 03 Cobra.

mavisky

Established Member
I know what your sayin but I dont want a 14 shelby I want a co cobra they will be way more rare and hard to come by one day im lookin down the road if there will still be a road $$$$$

Don't buy a used comp orange cobra for an investment. They're not that rare at this point. If you held onto it for 35 years and never drove it you may be able to get your money back and that's assuming they don't pass some sort of law in the future outlawing cars that emit as many hydrocarbons as cars from the early 2000's do.

cj428mach

Established Member
Good luck with this. Imho if you can't afford to put at least %20 down on a vehicle probably shouldn't be buying one. That's not aimed at you specifically but just in general.

Ditto,

Dave Ramsey wouldn't approve of this thread.

30k for a sub 5k mileage terminator isn't bad. I'd try to get it a little lower, but definitely not a $20,000 car or less.

Gravik

Established Member
I don't see the whole CO hype. It's a cool car, but not cool enough to demand a premium over every other color.

14 Shelby GT500 will be more of a collector car than the Terminator in 25 years. 660 hp vs. 390. For a moment in time, the GT500 was THE most powerful production car on the market. That will be much more desired than the 03 Cobra.

+1

Plus the GT500 isn't based on a 1979 Fairmont chassis.

dom418

Established Member

Where is the crystal ball from which you derive such enormously accurate predictions? You are going off of HP numbers as the determine factor of whether a car is collectable or not? So by your theory every 60's and 70's muscle car should be crushed. HP has nothing to do with collectibility. The next Cobra will outperform the current iteration, so will that one be more collectable than the 13?

Let's look at facts shall we? 10 years later mint Terminators are selling for upper $20k/low $30. They still have an enormous cult following. They are affordable as well which adds to their popularity. 13/14 are out of the price range of many true mustang enthusiasts. I just laugh at guys who say the terminator is old, built on a 1979 platform, and is outperformed compared to today's muscle car. It's iconic, same as the 93 Cobra. Take a look at what guys who actually own the 13/14 are saying.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...e-as-many-followers-as-the-Terminators-do-now

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
OP are you bored of the gt500 ? Why not just mod the shit out of it ? Sounds like you need more speed :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wow thanks for the words of wisdom both good and bad .I havent check my thread all day since posted .as far as not being able to sell my shelby I didnt list it on here as sale ad but more of a trade for a low mile comp cobra .had several offers for other trades but economy if so bad no one came up with cash .car is bone stock no paint work or anything im the second owner I thought my price was ok at 30k obo .and it has 35k miles and has been babied .I really dont want to sell but tryin to get a really nice low mile co cobra is almost impossible and yes 30k is crazy for a 04 cobra but not really for an co these will be the ones to have oneday and they are soooo hard to find unmodded .ive only seen 2 in the last 3 years with under 5k miles .but hey opinions are like assholes everyones got one ! Anyways thanks for the positive comments and suggestions

Youre paying extra for the color in hopes one day it may be a collectible is a very bad move. The best you can hope for on these cars is they hold their value and dont depreciate as much as other mustangs. Expecting these to be worth anything one day is a very big longshot, they werent limited production by any means, and when you have to resort to some color combination to have any rarity, good luck with that.

Also, you might commit suicide if you actually drive it and someone hits it. One should never be that committed to a material object. And good luck with a diminished value claim on a 10 year old car that you bought for way more than it was worth just due to color. Not to mention if you ever had to sell it, good luck getting that for it, you will have a very insanely small market as it is with just an 03/04 Cobra at this point, $30k for a CO one with 5k on it?

Id show that dude a check from the bank for $20k and another $3k in cash on top and drive away with the 25k CO cobra. A weekends detail and that engine bay is no longer an issue.

dom418

Established Member
The question you need to ask before paying $30,000 for a CO "time capsule" as you put it is this.
Will anyone insure this "time capsule" for agreed value because if it burns to the ground or gets demolished neither you or your lender will want to be left holding the bag.

If you own a home with plenty of equity you can get a home equity line of credit for a decent rate this way you can use the money as you wish without needing to justify the purchase price to anyone but yourself.

He can insure the car for $35k if he wants, that's what collector car policies are for. I've used Hagerty, Grundy, and now Heacock.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
i just picked up a co coupe, 4,500 miles for just under 30k. yea i might have over paid a lil bit but its just as clean as it was brand new, and a few extra grand for a piece of mind for an unmolested un modded cobra in my opinion is worth it.

its insured for 35k through heacock as well.

as per the original post, if you cant afford it or your gonna struggle every month to make the payment either wait and save or sell your gt500 and than buy it, i was fortunate enough to have 30k cash. good luck

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Where is the crystal ball from which you derive such enormously accurate predictions? You are going off of HP numbers as the determine factor of whether a car is collectable or not? So by your theory every 60's and 70's muscle car should be crushed. HP has nothing to do with collectibility. The next Cobra will outperform the current iteration, so will that one be more collectable than the 13?

Let's look at facts shall we? 10 years later mint Terminators are selling for upper $20k/low $30. They still have an enormous cult following. They are affordable as well which adds to their popularity. 13/14 are out of the price range of many true mustang enthusiasts. I just laugh at guys who say the terminator is old, built on a 1979 platform, and is outperformed compared to today's muscle car. It's iconic, same as the 93 Cobra. Take a look at what guys who actually own the 13/14 are saying.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...e-as-many-followers-as-the-Terminators-do-now

This pretty much sums it up.

Kornilov

Established Member

Before I finished reading what you wrote, I knew what car would be in your sig. Perhaps in the myopic world in which you live, you have convinced yourself that a 390 hp Terminator which they made nearly 20,000 of will be more of a collector car than a 13-14 GT500 which produces nearly 300 HP MORE and was produced in half the number. Mind you, the 14 GT500 is Carol's swan song car, and in 20 years that will also be a point of interest for collectors.

Granted, I dont have a crystal ball and cant afford either car but if the choice is between one and the other, its a no brainer in my opinion.

svtcollector1

orange svt collector
Established Member

I couldnt agree more whomever thinks hp will determine collectability is wacked its based on rarity and demand ..........lol these guys kill me !

svtcollector1

orange svt collector
Established Member
i just picked up a co coupe, 4,500 miles for just under 30k. yea i might have over paid a lil bit but its just as clean as it was brand new, and a few extra grand for a piece of mind for an unmolested un modded cobra in my opinion is worth it.

as per the original post, if you cant afford it or your gonna struggle every month to make the payment either wait and save or sell your gt500 and than buy it, i was fortunate enough to have 30k cash. good luck

sounds like u got a good deal and yeah right now Idont have that kinda cash layin around but i will one day. And yes an 04 cobra can be insured for what u paid even if its higher than book and at decent rates to the guy who said it couldnt be insured for 30k

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member

I wasn't going to say anything, but you pretty much took it to the hole here. Just exactly what I was thinking.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member

You did well. I am getting ready to insure my car with hagerty.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Do you plan to mod it, or keep it 100% bone stock.

SVTORANGE

Established Member

Congrats that is a beautiful CO no doubt

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member

lol at 14 GT500 being more desirable then 03/04

Users who are viewing this thread