Finished my home subwoofer/end table

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Oh, I understand the budget.

I do know you can buy the XLS1000 for 299 all day and sometime catch it for 269.
But you did fine.

I just find the crowns a little quieter and better built.
You could always change it later.

The Box/end table look great too.
Nice job.

Thanks, it turned out really well, noone even notices that it's a sub which was the whole point. In the future I may get a little crazy and sell my amp only to get a bigger one to push two subs, lol! :rockon:

Also, I have a pair of RTi A7's and LOVE them. It's funny since my sub went out, the speakers do much better than I remember them doing on their own!

Hopefully soon, Newegg.com has really good sales on their Polk speakers, they just went back up, it's all a waiting game with them. I want these, hopefully they are around next week cuz they're mine!

Ea RTI12 Cherry Tower Loudspeaker Speaker Polk Audio 747192109790 | eBay

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
If you are going to use Pro-Audio amps I would have used the Crown XLS series.

The 1000 would have been enough, adjustable digital crossover built in, etc..
Fan is quieter and only weighs about 8lbs

If you want to go Pro-Audio or vintage I can help.
New HT stuff, not as much. lol
I also want to build a vintage system working with my La Scalas

Those crown amps are nice. I'm debating DIY'ing a sub/amp myself or just buying one and being lame lol

When it comes to HT stuff though...I can help there for sure OP. I don't know jack about most vintage equipment though unlike Stampede

Heck yeah! My Elemental Designs home theater sub just took a shit and so did the company. Not sure if it's just the plate amp, or if the amp took the woofer out with it... I'm debating what to do next.

Nice work!

What model is it?

My next move probably in the next few weeks is a set of nice towers, I have Boston Acoustic Micro130's for the rear and love them, very crisp and clean and got them for $70 a piece. I'm currently running some Paradigm BP's up front and although they sound very natural, I don't like the bipolar design and don't have the right room for the accoustics. I may end up with some Polk Audio Monitor's or rti's soon.

What's your budget?

Thanks, it turned out really well, noone even notices that it's a sub which was the whole point. In the future I may get a little crazy and sell my amp only to get a bigger one to push two subs, lol! :rockon:

Hopefully soon, Newegg.com has really good sales on their Polk speakers, they just went back up, it's all a waiting game with them. I want these, hopefully they are around next week cuz they're mine!

Ea RTI12 Cherry Tower Loudspeaker Speaker Polk Audio 747192109790 | eBay

For that price you can do better and that won't just be me saying that. Plenty of people out there prefer specific others over the RTi's for the same price or cheaper. Is your budget around $750-ish for fronts?

Have a look at:

EMP e55ti
HomeTheaterDirect (HTD) Level 3 Towers
Focal 814v (at accessories4less.com)

..if you're wanting towers those are going to be at the top in that range. I've heard my fair share of home audio and car audio so I'm not just talking out of my ass or using ONLY reviews/other peoples opinions as my basis. Just here to help :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Those crown amps are nice. I'm debating DIY'ing a sub/amp myself or just buying one and being lame lol

When it comes to HT stuff though...I can help there for sure OP. I don't know jack about most vintage equipment though unlike Stampede

What model is it?

What's your budget?

For that price you can do better and that won't just be me saying that. Plenty of people out there prefer specific others over the RTi's for the same price or cheaper. Is your budget around $750-ish for fronts?

Have a look at:

EMP e55ti
HomeTheaterDirect (HTD) Level 3 Towers
Focal 814v (at accessories4less.com)

..if you're wanting towers those are going to be at the top in that range. I've heard my fair share of home audio and car audio so I'm not just talking out of my ass or using ONLY reviews/other peoples opinions as my basis. Just here to help :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll definitely take a look at those, not 100% sure of my budget as of now, it may be another month, not sure but I'd like a really nice pair and am not opposed to $750 but that's about top of my range that I'm willing to spend.

The second sub will wait for a while. Looks like I'm a few days late......but I like these over the other ones for looks, etc.
http://emptek.com/e55ti_clearance.php

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Sadly I thought about trying to sell it and doing it again, it was actually fun to do, I may go with an 18" next time though, lol.

I would stay with 15s

18" with foam surround is not as easy or cheap to come by.
18" Pro audio drivers don't move near as much.

If I were buying a complete new set up or even piecing I would go with this,

RF - 7 II Home Theater System | Klipsch

The sub lacks somewhat but I have a love for Klipsch.

Coiled03

Established Member
I would stay with 15s

18" with foam surround is not as easy or cheap to come by.
18" Pro audio drivers don't move near as much.

Looooove me some Klipsch. I have an old set of KG 4.5s as my front speakers.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I also strongly recommend anyone using pro audio or even component home stuff to invest in a Furman power conditioner.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
I remove it for movie time, lol. This thing seriously is amazing, I honestly have never heard this amount of bass in a house, a car of course but a house shouldn't have this much bass. It shakes the concrete floor in the basement, the kitchen upstairs, etc.

Lets just say my neighbor whose house is about 30 feet away knows when I'm watching movies because he's mentioned not only can he hear it but occasionally during a good scene, his blinds will vibrate slightly. And this is during the winter when the windows are shut, lol.

Yeah eh? damn, i'm going to be building an 18" with about 3000 watts... i think i might need to re-think it.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I love my Cerwin-Vegas. The pair of CLS-215's I have are sick. But the one you built is tits & it's a sleeper too. Not many people would know what's underneath that...

TermiInJax

Established Member

I would love to turn my 1980 Heresy's in to my rear fill's and build a set of Crites Cornscala's, but that would require a bigger house and I'm not quit ready for that ;-)

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I remove it for movie time, lol. This thing seriously is amazing, I honestly have never heard this amount of bass in a house, a car of course but a house shouldn't have this much bass. It shakes the concrete floor in the basement, the kitchen upstairs, etc.

Lets just say my neighbor whose house is about 30 feet away knows when I'm watching movies because he's mentioned not only can he hear it but occasionally during a good scene, his blinds will vibrate slightly. And this is during the winter when the windows are shut, lol.

:rockon:....that's BADASS

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I would love to turn my 1980 Heresy's in to my rear fill's and build a set of Crites Cornscala's, but that would require a bigger house and I'm not quit ready for that ;-)

^^ We go to some of the same sites I see. lol

If you ever want to sell the Heresy's let me know.

My living room is big enough I think I would just pick up a 3rd LaScala for center.

LaScala L/R and center and Heresy's for rears.
Easiest thing for me to do.

My Brother in law does car mostly but home audio also.
Thinking of having him build me a replice set of JBL Everest.

Users who are viewing this thread