Firehouse Subs?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I recently found out a Firehouse opened up a few miles from me. Are the subs any good or are they similar to any other chain such as Subway for instance (cheap processed meats etc...)? I am thinking about trying them later on with my son.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
They are much better then Subway. I would say closer to Which Wich or Jersey Mikes (If you have those).

8" sub with chips an drink were about $8 here in NC

Spudz

Established Member
Firehouse is quite good. Just don't get takeout unless you're prepared for a soggy sandwich. Puts Subway to shame.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
They have a turkey bacon ranch sub that's pretty good. And the ones around here have the new fancy coke machines.

We usually go to Potbelly over Firehouse, although both are much better than Subway.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I always get the sub that they have named after me.......

The Hero

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Firehouse makes subway taste like road kill. I usually get the hook & ladder, but you can't go wrong with anything there. They are awesome.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It's good I tried it earlier this year when they opened one up local. Jimmy Johns is also good they both put Subway to shame.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Thanks guys, will give them a try either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I usually stick to Ma and Pa Italian delis but it would be nice to have a decent chain as Subway is trash both taste and ingredient wise.

earl lee

Established Member
I always get the engineer when I go to firehouse but all there subs are good. Subway is the McD's of sub shops.

2001sleeper

Established Member
I like the hook and ladder with double meat.
Definitely not cheap, but really good.

I also think they have the best meatball of any franchise place.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I might need to give them another chance after seeing the responses here. I did go in when they first opened.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I might need to give them another chance after seeing the responses here. I did go in when they first opened.

Yeah, the one by me opened last August I guess and I had no idea until I saw a Honda Accord driving with a huge wrap advertising the location and phone #.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
They have a turkey bacon ranch sub that's pretty good. And the ones around here have the new fancy coke machines.

We usually go to Potbelly over Firehouse, although both are much better than Subway.

All of this. Potbelly's is better but Firehouse is really good. It buries Subway. Subway is the McDonald's of sub shops. Club on a Sub is my favorite sandwich there.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Easily the best chain sub shop there is. Wish they had more locations.

Really not that big a fan of Potbelly except for their hot peppers which are awesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread