Firehouse Subs?

CLN 6R

Established Member
I get "The Hero" from there. Gotta be one of my top favorite hot sandwiches from a sub shop.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
When I was living in Texas I went to Firehouse Subs at least once a week. So much goodness. They had a run of pulled pork n slaw sandwiches for awhile. I still wish I could find something that delicious here in California.

Well I'll be damned. There is one about 30 miles from me. Might have to take the Cobra over there once she is running right this summer.

Last edited:

projectslideway

Established Member
Hook and Ladder, FTW. I used to eat at the one in Chattanooga all the time when I lived there... moved back north and we don't have any around. Bummer.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think they're way better than subway, and the selection of hot sauces is nice.

Jimmy Johns is still my goto for subs lately though.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Jimmy Johns is practically on par with subway which is ungodly pathetic. Firehouse however is DAMN good! I love their club on a sub and in fact I'm overdue for one. Maybe tomorrow for lunch...

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Quiznos is vastly superior to Subway and Jimmy Johns IMO, but none of those 3 holds a candle to Firehouse, it's on a completely different level.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
It would be in my lower half of favorite chain sub/sandwich stop overs. Haven't had it in several years. Off the top of my head I'd rather go with Jersey Mike's, Which Wich, Quiznos, Charlies's, Arby's, Subway, etc. That being said, several of their subs are worth a try. It just doesn't seem worth the money to me to go on a regular basis and iirc, the meats were very salty.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never tried a Firehouse Sub. None here in Connecticut unfortunately. It sounds really good and if I'm ever near one I'll have to try it out. Fortunately here in Connecticut we have a very reknowned Italian sub shop called Nardelli's. Always fresh bread. Top shelf meats. If you're ever up here, look them up. They have 10 locations throughout the state. Their Italian Combo with hot sauce is off the charts! Yum! Love me a great grinder.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
firehouse is far and away better than most. I always get their steak and cheese. would rather have them than any of the others mentioned in this thread ..

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, i guess im the only one who thinks Firehouse sucks. Soggy ass sandwiches no matter if you take home or dine in. Steaming meat just doesnt work, especially for lean meats like turkey. Soaks the entire sandwich in water and really breaks the sub down. I like to have a full sandwich and not a soggy pile of lettuce, tomatos and pickles.

Jersey Mikes is great as long as you dont get it "mike's way". Another instance where too much liquid can ruin a sandwich. Goes from amazing into a ball of slop. I just go for the turkey club, add bacon, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Perfect sandwich with the right amount of ingredients and not soggy at all.

Quiznos, Jersey Mikes and Potbelly are my top 3. Subway, Firehouse and Blimpie are the worst.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Thanks guys, will give them a try either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I usually stick to Ma and Pa Italian delis but it would be nice to have a decent chain as Subway is trash both taste and ingredient wise.

This.

Never tried them but not opposed to it.
If you're in the south Publix makes a descent sub for a supermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread