Firehouse Subs?

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Back home in Michigan we have a little spot called Captain Nemo's. They dont have anything too crazy, but everything is simply the best. It is my only regret of moving from Michigan. Their Double(16in) Steak and cheese is unparalleled in quality. I sometimes make the 6 hour round trip in the Cobra several times a summer just to grab a sub or two. I would wager $100 and the cost of your meal, you will not eat a better sandwich.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
We got a firehouse subs near me not too long ago. Maybe a year. Only been once, but it was very good. Way better than subway and quiznos. We don't have many sandwich shops near me other than subways so anytime something else comes along is a blessing lol. My top 3 are firehouse, sub-machine, and jersey mikes.

I also like how some purchases at firehouse go towards funding for new equipment and stuff for fire fighters.

HandBanana

Established Member
Hook N Ladder is the shit! Though as far as chains go, I prefer Penn Station. Subs and boardwalk style fries are bangin.

Nothing is better than a good ole hoagie from the old country in PA. Miss those northern sub shops.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Jimmy Johns is horrible, subway is better than them. Firehouse is OK, as said though, you have to eat the sandwich immediately because it'll get soggy buy the time you get home(made this mistake my first time eating there).

Can't really think of a great sub place here in Little Rock, if anyone local has some suggestions I'd be open to trying a new place.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Wow, I honestly thought Firehouse was just a local business. It was actually started in the city I live in and I agree, way better than Subway/Quiznos. I usually get the Engineer or the Hero with some chips, freestyle coke machine. But like others said, best to eat it there unless you like soggy subs

alex3610

Established Member
Firehouse subs is fantastic for a chain sub joint. Here in VA there are no good local sub shops really like I grew up around in NJ. My favorite sub is the Cheddar and Beef Brisket. The Meatball sub is excellent as well. I recently went into a new Wich-Which here and it was pretty good too. I would also agree with others that Jimmy Johns is no better than Subway. JJ's are exploding around here and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Lenny's Subs > anything I've seen mentioned in this thread. Fresh sliced quality meat and that red pepper relish is da bomb.

sidewinderl

Established Member
Smoked brisket is my favorite food group, so that's what I always get at Firehouse (with no mayo and with sauce on the side... otherwise they drown it). It's not the greatest value for what you get, and it's certainly not my first choice, but I definitely have no problem eating their stuff. It's the only sub shop I've been to that I don't complain about going to.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
We tried them once, ordered to go, got home and was soggy. Sucked IMO. Figured it was because they steam the subs. Never been back.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Firehouse subs is fantastic for a chain sub joint. Here in VA there are no good local sub shops really like I grew up around in NJ. My favorite sub is the Cheddar and Beef Brisket. The Meatball sub is excellent as well. I recently went into a new Wich-Which here and it was pretty good too. I would also agree with others that Jimmy Johns is no better than Subway. JJ's are exploding around here and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Hmm, a friend just suggested which-wich to me yesterday! We have one here in KC apparently.

hunterp

Established Member
Lenny's Subs > anything I've seen mentioned in this thread. Fresh sliced quality meat and that red pepper relish is da bomb.

We had a Lenny's that unfortunately closed down. I loved that pepper relish. One of the best sub shops I've been to. Too bad it went under :(

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member

They deliver. Only time I ever use them is when I absolutely cannot get anything else to eat cause I'm stuck somewhere near them, and most of the time, I'll still opt for pizza for JJ.

I tried Lenny's once. It wasn't bad, but since there are like 4 or 5 sub shops closer to where I am that taste as good or better, I don't go out of my way for it. I haven't tried this relish though, so I may give it another go.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Damn, i guess im the only one who thinks Firehouse sucks. Soggy ass sandwiches no matter if you take home or dine in. Steaming meat just doesnt work, especially for lean meats like turkey. Soaks the entire sandwich in water and really breaks the sub down. I like to have a full sandwich and not a soggy pile of lettuce, tomatos and pickles.

Jersey Mikes is great as long as you dont get it "mike's way". Another instance where too much liquid can ruin a sandwich. Goes from amazing into a ball of slop. I just go for the turkey club, add bacon, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Perfect sandwich with the right amount of ingredients and not soggy at all.

Quiznos, Jersey Mikes and Potbelly are my top 3. Subway, Firehouse and Blimpie are the worst.

Potbelly's is awesome and great prices

Users who are viewing this thread