First Cobra

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Is the off road pro chamber any louder than a catted high flow mid pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Years ago I had an o/r x and magnapacks. It was loud as hell, which I liked. What I couldn't stand was the drone on the highway, to the point you couldn't hear anything else. It would start at 1700 rpm's and continue to about 2300 rpm's. I got a catted x and put the regular Magnaflows back on. The difference was like night and day. The exhaust still sounded off when I mashed the go pedal but at cruising speed it just purred. I've had headers on a lot of my cars over the years. They are a pain in the ass for ground clearance and you can forget steep driveway aprons and speed bumps, especially if the car is lowered. Unless your going north of 750HP with more than 20 lbs of boost, it's not worth the cost of a quality set of headers. Then there is the heat they generate. Unless you wrap them, you AC will be working overtime in the summer. Do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I hate mac products, cheap just like bbk. I have other reasons from year's ago why I'll never buy there product. They know it and don't care. I also don't like the sound of borla stingers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I hate mac products, cheap just like bbk. I have other reasons from year's ago why I'll never buy there product. They know it and don't care. I also don't like the sound of borla stingers.

Don't be hatin on Borla Stingers lol. I do agree with you though about BBK I will never ever buy any of there shit again. I have some on my fox. But when I had my 01 Cobra before my terminator I had there x pipe it always rattled no matter what I tried leaked too. When I bought my terminator it had a slp catback with Mac mufflers welded in it swapped them for stingers and don't regret it one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler06

Established Member
I personally love the sound of the borla stingers. That's just my opinion, I've done a lot of YouTube and car show video research and haven't seem to find any combo more then when it was a combo with borla stingers. My opinion of the pro chamber changes every day. Some days I really enjoy the loud WOT sound it provides and the muscle sound. It's the cruising sound that doesn't excite me. Don't get me wrong I think it sounds good just sometimes I want it to be a little louder.

Tyler06

Established Member
I have also been seeing a lot of the Magnaflow Maganapacks with the Offroad H and they are starting to grow on me as well. It seems that they are just as loud as the stingers?

Mbiro594

Established Member
Since I most likely wont be doing any type of mods this summer I have been looking at changing the exhaust. I am stuck between a couple options. What do you guys think. I love the muscle sound of the stingers and prochamber combo but I think I want it to be a little louder then it is. The car is loud at WOT, but I like an exhaust that is somewhat loud at cruising speed and then screams at WOT.
1) Keep the Stingers with Pro-chamber
2) Switch the prochamber with an Off road X
3) Purchase Borla Ataks and keep the Prochamber

Any other combos/vids are welcome to chime in?

Sell me the stingers and get ATAKs

sonic_whine2003

Car Crazy
Established Member

I agree with the BBK products...although I bought my Termi with a bbk CAI and its been fine. But still wouldn't buy bbk

Tyler06

Established Member
I agree with the BBK products...although I bought my Termi with a bbk CAI and its been fine. But still wouldn't buy bbk

I am not to familiar with BBK products. I've never really used them in the past on my other cars because I have not heard to many good things about the products they offer.

Mbiro594

Established Member
If I decide to go with another exhaust it's a possibility!

Please do! I sent you a pm when you first got your cobra after you mentioned swapping it.. Aka I got dibs lol

Beautiful car man, never liked OW when it first came out but man it has grown on me so much.. It's now one of my favorites

Tyler06

Established Member
Please do! I sent you a pm when you first got your cobra after you mentioned swapping it.. Aka I got dibs lol

Beautiful car man, never liked OW when it first came out but man it has grown on me so much.. It's now one of my favorites

I will let you know

Tyler06

Established Member
I've been doing some research over the past couple of days on some wheel setups. I have been thinking about getting Saleen's on the OW. I got the idea from Mooch on instagram. I think his car looks phenomenal with those gunmetal saleens. What would you guys suggest as far as front and rear tires. I am on H&R super sports and my fenders are not rolled. Any suggestions help, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread