First Cobra

Tyler06

Established Member
Thanks for all the responses! The madness is really about to start. Thinking about adding some mods to the car as well. Such as tint, possibly some 18" wheels. Thinking either CCW's or chrome AFS. Also thinking about adding some type of pulley, not sure what size yet. I just started looking into long tubes as well, thinking about running kooks or Mac with an off road x or maybe keeping the off road pro chamber. Would like it to be a little louder. Excited to see what's in the future for this build.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats looks clean. A off road x and stingers would be loud. If you decide to switch I'd go with Bassani so if it's too loud for your liking you can swap between cats and flow tubes. If you really wanna wake the car up go with a 2.76 pulley, tune, a FRPP cover, diff bushings, and the front cradle bolts with a good set of tires. Also subframe connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler06

Established Member
Congrats looks clean. A off road x and stingers would be loud. If you decide to switch I'd go with Bassani so if it's too loud for your liking you can swap between cats and flow tubes. If you really wanna wake the car up go with a 2.76 pulley, tune, a FRPP cover, diff bushings, and the front cradle bolts with a good set of tires. Also subframe connectors.

Yeah I haven't really decided what I wanted to do just yet. I want to drive the car for a little to get used to the power and everything the car has to offer as is. I also wanted to research different exhaust combos online and at car shows when I see Cobras. I've heard a lot between the 2.76 pulley and 2.93. I also know you have to add additional cooling to help cool the eaton correct?

I have a lot of learning to do as far as modding these cars and doing it the correct way. Time for a lot of research.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not eaton mods. A head cooling mod and 170 t stat. I don't have the head mod wouldn't mind adding it to my list.

Tyler06

Established Member
Yeah I just heard the car heats up pretty quickly after doing a pulley swap. The cooling mod would definitely be on my list.

Does anyone know if long tubes wake up the cars sound a little more?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah I just heard the car heats up pretty quickly after doing a pulley swap. The cooling mod would definitely be on my list.

Does anyone know if long tubes wake up the cars sound a little more?

Sound yes performance on a eaton not much better off spending money some where else now imho.

Tyler06

Established Member
Like I told you on Sunday, get used to the power, decide what your goals are and do a lot of research. You have a pretty clean canvas there to work with. Most importantly, have fun.

Yes car is extremely clean and basically untouched. Definitely going to be spending hours and days doing research and a lot of reading.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking cobra op. I personally would skip headers with your combo. I love the sound of my exhaust, not to loud when driving normal. But it's nasty mean sounding when I open it up.

Tyler06

Established Member
Great looking cobra op. I personally would skip headers with your combo. I love the sound of my exhaust, not to loud when driving normal. But it's nasty mean sounding when I open it up.

I am not quite sure what I am going to do just yet. I would like the car to be a tad bit louder and get some extra power. I was thinking about doing them because I wanted to do a lot of research on the motor end and see what set-ups I like and what power people get from certain mods before going to deep into the motor. I thought the headers would be a good first mod for some added power and then maybe a pulley.

Does anyone know if you have to loosen motor bolts to install headers. I have been reading some threads and saw that just pulling the K-member will allow for install of headers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations Tyler. That is a good looking, clean Terminator.

Definitely take it slow and decide what mods you really want based on your budget. Very common "phase 1" mods are intake, exhaust, shifter, upper pulley, and tune. A 2.90 upper/tune with the intake/exhaust mods can get you into the 450rwhp/470rwtq area and trust me, the difference behind the wheel is then VERY noticeable. And you're not spending a lot of money, either. But again, take it slow and make good decisions as far as mods.

Enjoy your Cobra! :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I am not quite sure what I am going to do just yet. I would like the car to be a tad bit louder and get some extra power. I was thinking about doing them because I wanted to do a lot of research on the motor end and see what set-ups I like and what power people get from certain mods before going to deep into the motor. I thought the headers would be a good first mod for some added power and then maybe a pulley.

Does anyone know if you have to loosen motor bolts to install headers. I have been reading some threads and saw that just pulling the K-member will allow for install of headers.

Headers are hit and miss with hp gains. I only gained 8 rwhp with headers. This was same dyno and old tuner. That was with my current tvs blower.

Users who are viewing this thread