First mods to get after purchasing your terminator

sahota001

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I've been searching the forum for the first must have mods for the engine, interior, exterior. Just bought my first cobra and i'm trying to figure out what i should do to it.

Thanks!:banana:

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
well the first think you need to figure out is how much you want to spend, and what does the car have done to it. If its stock most new guys do a upper pulley, cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and a tune thats always a good place to start.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Thats easy, Big twin screw and all the goodies needed to support it!

T800

Established Member
Toyo R888's. <---- Get these.

No reason to add power when you already have traction issues. Next would be FLSFC's and the FTBR kit/IRS brace or an SRA swap if you really plan on getting crazy. After that a pulley, port, supporting mods and a tune should keep you happy till you can save up twin screw money.

Obviously stopping anywhere you feel is "enough" power wise is good sense. And there's always nitrous... :burnout:

sahota001

Established Member
Thanks for the info! right now my car has a JLT cold air intake, mandrel bent exhaust with flow master tips, lowered. I was going to spend this summer just getting used to the car. I am finding the traction to be an issue, but the tires i have now are brand new so that should last me a month! lol

Dragu1a

Established Member
don't forget about your heat exchanger...once you start modding and making decent power, the stock won't worth crap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I recommend that you read through my Terminator FAQs if you haven't done so already. I also recommend that you don't throw any money into mods until you decide what you're looking for (race setup, suspension improvements, interior mods, exterior appearance mods, etc.) and what your budget is.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
don't forget about your heat exchanger...once you start modding and making decent power, the stock won't worth crap.

I had mine for 3.5yrs and never had the head cooling mod, heat exchanger or even a rear diff brace. :shrug: Not too mention that the car was in Vegas for 1 year of that time and endured two summers with little issues. That being said, I didn't beat the car or make continuous WOT runs either.

OP, first mod should really be a catback. Find a nice system and enjoy the sound of the car. Then take time to learn the power and characteristics of the car.

2004Droptop

Established Member
Thats easy, Big twin screw and all the goodies needed to support it!

:rockon:what he said!! :rockon:

I went: CAI, cat back, IRS bushings and brace, lowering springs CC plates, whipple, throttle body, fuel set up, clutch, x pipe, headers... oh yeah all import custom tune few times with mods...... few grand later = perma smile whenever I am behinfd the wheel!

SVT Pille

Established Member
Fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster, and a Pro 5.0 shifter. The best $270 you can spend to make driving the car easier/more fun.

sahota001

Established Member
I purchased the car from an older gentleman in Washington, i bought it with 30,000 miles, Corbeau interior (spelling is wrong) I picked it up for $18,000. I am new to the site and don't know how to post pics but its black with an all black interior. First thing I would like to do is make it easier to drive. I won't be taking it to the track, its just something to have fun in on the weekends and after work.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
a low pro jack, 4 jack stands, a car cover so it doesn't get dusty while sitting waiting on repairs and just start buying tools.....

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
a low pro jack, 4 jack stands, a car cover so it doesn't get dusty while sitting waiting on repairs and just start buying tools.....

TRUTH!

Users who are viewing this thread