First race in a while: My 911S vs. GT500

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Damn I love when I hear people that drive the car the way it should nice kill. Love you cars any video?

No video, just pics. Next time to the road course I'm getting some video with the new camera.

Man your 911S is sexy and nice kill!!

OP,
That outcome sounds about right to me..Your approx. 400Hp and 3100 lbs makes for a pretty stout ride. That GT500 probably had about 700 lbs on you. Tough to beat that combination of good Hp and a low weight.

BTW..Nice looking cars you have there! :beer:

Nice run!

Nice pic.

Thanks guys!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pass it off??? Actually all the Monaros are trying to pass off being a GTO. I just put on all the stuff they took off in Oz land. Exp: On the 04s you just pop the GTO badge off and the pigtails for the side markers are there zip tied out of the way. The 04s have the ability to be left or right hand drive. The 05/06, not so much.

Here are a few pics of my "copy" as you call it. I like it. ;-)

Oh sorry, i had no idea you had imported that bad boy from Australia.

Look, no one is saying that your GTO is not great looking, its modded very tastefully and to top it off it moves the hell out. But its kinda like that kid that goes around on this website with a v6 modded to look exactly like a terminator down to the badges. Or the guys that saleen out their gt's and call them "saleens" after the fact...

Its your car obviously and you have the right to do whatever. But i like many more people rather appreciate it for what it is, a great GTO.

Until you're man enough to run with a passenger, perhaps you shouldn't criticize others' cars.

Until you are man enough to fill the shoes of a queer keep your grade school comebacks to yourself gay emo cow.

lol...way to be an ahole

Not trying just pointing out the obvious.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
First off I can't get any races with the GTO anymore. To well known where I live plus it sounds like a pro-stock under any decent throttle LOL . . .

I took the wife out in the 911S last night to get some dinner. On the way home I see a current 1st gen GT500 (white w/ red stripes) 2 cars behind he to the left and he is trying to get around and catch up. I told the wife and also let her know in advance that if it was anything more then stock we are looking at getting an a$$ whooping.

Well, he makes it around and does a SLOW driveby and hangs at my front left bumper. He does this for a few secs then he dumps it (I was in 2nd already :coolman: ) so I follow and it seems like he is not pulling as we go thru 4th. We slow up and get to a light with me behind and the light changes and we all take off easy and I pull to his left and stay in 2nd as I even up with him and I'm sitting at 5K rpms and he stays even and does nothing so I hit it and I'm off. I got 1 car on him and he goes (guess he wanted me to get the hit???). I kept the 1 car lead on him till about 130 and I let off. He didn't gain and I didn't pull. I would say a draw but he let me get the hit and I kept that distance!

My wife was excited and told me I was shifting like lightning :rolling: LOL. She wanted to have another run but he changed lanes and turned off . . .

It was fun and i was surprised that I found one of the few stock GT500s.

Just for your info on the car if you ask. 2005 LE 997/911 Carrera S with the X51 Power package, LT headers, Gambella exhaust and GIAC tune. Makes close to 400bhp. Car weighs in at 3113. Oh, and driver mod :rockon:

IMG_20110115_143557.jpg

Your GTO is to well known in Ocala??
What is there like 100 people up there? LOL!
Please tell me the 10.2 in your sig is old.
With your set up I expected you deep in the 9s.
My car is finally back together and I took it to NMRA.
On the 2nd shake down pass the tranny failed. Oh well.
One day soon I hope to line up with you and see what my little stock 281 will do.
I bet the GT500 driver is still scratching his head.
Rick

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Your GTO is to well known in Ocala??
What is there like 100 people up there? LOL!
Please tell me the 10.2 in your sig is old.
With your set up I expected you deep in the 9s.
My car is finally back together and I took it to NMRA.
On the 2nd shake down pass the tranny failed. Oh well.
One day soon I hope to line up with you and see what my little stock 281 will do.
I bet the GT500 driver is still scratching his head.
Rick

LOL. 55K in the city and 300K in the county. The car had 1/8ths for 9.80s but the diff failed before we had a chance to run the 1/4. Therear is swapped so we head to Pony Wars at SGMP. You going to make it (April 2nd)???

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Until you are man enough to fill the shoes of a queer keep your grade school comebacks to yourself gay emo cow.

LOL, it turns out my "grade school comebacks" were true enough to get under your skin and turn you into a hypocrite with the gay comment, HA!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
LOL. 55K in the city and 300K in the county. The car had 1/8ths for 9.80s but the diff failed before we had a chance to run the 1/4. Therear is swapped so we head to Pony Wars at SGMP. You going to make it (April 2nd)???

If I get my tranny fixed and reinstalled I will be there with my car.
If not I may bring up Justins(VMP Tuning) GT 500 to see what she can do.

Is busniness slow enough for you to go out, pick races and hope some one tweaks their neck or back??? Then you can take care of the adjustment??
LOLOLOLOL!!!;-)

04spinbra

Established Member
So wait,

all I got from this is that you have a GTO that try to pass off as a "holden monaro"?

lolz.......

Ok "intake only and exhaust only"!! Doc car rides out!! I have seen it many of times! Dude you seriously need to get a life!

Doc the wife car is sweet!! Good kill and death!lol:beer:

-Mike

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
If I get my tranny fixed and reinstalled I will be there with my car.
If not I may bring up Justins(VMP Tuning) GT 500 to see what she can do.

Is busniness slow enough for you to go out, pick races and hope some one tweaks their neck or back??? Then you can take care of the adjustment??
LOLOLOLOL!!!;-)

Regardless what car, come on up! LOL, I wish I had the time to run out for a few "runs" during the day. Good idea though!!!

Ok "intake only and exhaust only"!! Doc car rides out!! I have seen it many of times! Dude you seriously need to get a life!

Doc the wife car is sweet!! Good kill and death!lol:beer:

-Mike

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, it turns out my "grade school comebacks" were true enough to get under your skin and turn you into a hypocrite with the gay comment, HA!

You dont have anything for me, you will never be able to get under my skin.

-Mike

Yeah, thats right. Intake and Exhaust only. :-D

Who has ever said that Doc's car doesnt ride out dufus?

R E A D I N G C O M P R E H E N S I O N.

Learn it.

04spinbra

Established Member
You dont have anything for me, you will never be able to get under my skin.

Yeah, thats right. Intake and Exhaust only. :-D

Who has ever said that Doc's car doesnt ride out dufus?

R E A D I N G C O M P R E H E N S I O N.

Learn it.

I'm the "dufus"? You come on here and question the man about his car because of "emblem" on a car in his garage that he isn't even talking about!?
Seriously R E A D I N G C O M P R E H E NS I O N is what owns you!:bored:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm the "dufus"? You come on here and question the man about his car because of "emblem" on a car in his garage that he isn't even talking about!?
Seriously R E A D I N G C O M P R E H E NS I O N is what owns you!:bored:

Ok, since you seem to be doing a little better ill go ahead and break it down for you Barney style. The big purple fella that is.

You see,

every time you make a thread or post for that matter there is something that ends up becoming a part of it too and that is called a "sig".

Although this thread is about a P car vs a GT500 it also has a sig right below it that lists a very fast and clean GTO and also an incorrectly/falsely branded one.

I felt the need to make the owner of said GTO aware of the fact that trying to pass of a car for something it is not is not the "cool" thing to do. At least not in a true car guy's world.

If that makes me a dick or makes you cross me out of your bestest buds list then I can live with that. :whine:

:D

04spinbra

Established Member
Ok, since you seem to be doing a little better ill go ahead and break it down for you Barney style. The big purple fella that is.

You see,

every time you make a thread or post for that matter there is something that ends up becoming a part of it too and that is called a "sig".

Although this thread is about a P car vs a GT500 it also has a sig right below it that lists a very fast and clean GTO and also an incorrectly/falsely branded one.

I felt the need to make the owner of said GTO aware of the fact that trying to pass of a car for something it is not is not the "cool" thing to do. At least not in a true car guy's world.

If that makes me a dick or makes you cross me out of your bestest buds list then I can live with that. :whine:

:D

And since you break it down like Barney Style just because you say its "not cool" doesn't mean it ain't "cool or even what he had in mind"! So when did I ever have or had you on a friends list? :lol::lol::lol:

Have fun I won't be cluttering up this thread no more so have fun!! Sorry Doc!:beer:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
very fast and clean GTO and also an incorrectly/falsely branded one.

It's funny that for years a lot of stang owners busted the Pontiac GTO owner's balls for for having a re-badged Holden Monaro. Now you're busting my balls because I put it back like it came . . . :bored:

Some people are never happy. As far as a "true car guy's world" welcome to mine. I brought my car back to its roots. The same cars that raced in the Australian Super Turning Car series against the Ford Falcons. I watched that race series for years and knew what a Monaro was and as soon as I found out they were coming over as a GTO I went out and bought one. I had the 1st one in Savannah, GA. Then I called Holden of Sydney and had the original parts shipped over and installed. Have you ever had anything that big shipped from Oz land . . . Ain't easy . . .

A "regular" car guy wouldn't go thru that much $hit, time, and $$$. Only a "true" one . . . like me :coolman:

Sorry for the rant guys.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
It's funny that for years a lot of stang owners busted the Pontiac GTO owner's balls for for having a re-badged Holden Monaro. Now you're busting my balls because I put it back like it came . . . :bored:

Some people are never happy. As far as a "true car guy's world" welcome to mine. I brought my car back to its roots. The same cars that raced in the Australian Super Turning Car series against the Ford Falcons. I watched that race series for years and knew what a Monaro was and as soon as I found out they were coming over as a GTO I went out and bought one. I had the 1st one in Savannah, GA. Then I called Holden of Sydney and had the original parts shipped over and installed. Have you ever had anything that big shipped from Oz land . . . Ain't easy . . .

A "regular" car guy wouldn't go thru that much $hit, time, and $$$. Only a "true" one . . . like me :coolman:

Sorry for the rant guys.

I think that it’s a nice touch, I mean how many Holden Monaros do you see around? Most people probably don’t even know what a Monaro is, and that is what makes it cool, it’s not just another gto.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Sorry for the rant guys.

DOC,

although I can respect how much work you have put into that GTO and the nostalgia feeling that you are recreating, even going thru all the trouble of special ordering the parts from AUS itself unless the tittle states Holden Monaro then it is not.

Some people might not have the capability to grasp my point but I know deep down you understand where Im coming from...

But it is your car and of course you will do as you wish regardless of how some altruistic fool feels about it.

Just make sure to not make it a "Holden Monaro" Dragon edition :beer:

Corvette+Badget+Mod+-+Dragon+Car.jpg

^^^ OWNED!

"OWNED"?

Okay-Whatever-you-say.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread