First race in a while: My 911S vs. GT500

TVSCobra

Established Member
DOC nice kill story. love what you have done with your cars. :beer::rockon:

WTF is the deal with some people in this thread?:nonono:

recalcitrant

Established Member
Doc. I think both cars look great. I switched to the German side a few months back. I'd love to have another Mustang one day. But, I sure am enjoying this German engineering. I picked up this S in Portland and drove it all the way to San Antonio. Never once sore or bored! Through a snow storm, and a horrible rain storm across California, it never slipped or felt unsure.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Doc. I think both cars look great. I switched to the German side a few months back. I'd love to have another Mustang one day. But, I sure am enjoying this German engineering. I picked up this S in Portland and drove it all the way to San Antonio. Never once sore or bored! Through a snow storm, and a horrible rain storm across California, it never slipped or felt unsure.

Is that an S or a 4S? If it is a 4S we have the same car lol. :beer:

hotwheels2edit.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good to see there are still some assholes on here. I was beginning to think everyone had gone soft :bored:

OP, great race! Those are some beautiful cars you have!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member

They are very comfortable on trips, just limited on luggage space! LOL.

Is that an S or a 4S? If it is a 4S we have the same car lol. :beer:

hotwheels2edit.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Mine is an S. Both awsome cars!

Thanks for the props guys!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
So wait,

all I got from this is that you have a GTO that try to pass off as a "holden monaro"?

lolz.......

haha, you obviously don't know much about GTOs. I'd say the opposite, GTOs are routinely being passed off as Holden Monaros. :banana:

They were shipped here from Australia, then GM slapped a Pontiac badge and a few body panels on them. It IS a Holden Monaro.

Same goes for the Pontiac G8, which is a Holden Commodore with a Pontiac badge and a few a body panels.

holden-commodore-20101.jpg

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
OP...nice kill and congrats. Beautifull car.......

I regularly drive my brother in law's 07 9114s.....car is a beast. WE have yet to run side by side...but I think my car is faster and I know i am a better driver.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
Oh sorry, i had no idea you had imported that bad boy from Australia.

Look, no one is saying that your GTO is not great looking, its modded very tastefully and to top it off it moves the hell out. But its kinda like that kid that goes around on this website with a v6 modded to look exactly like a terminator down to the badges. Or the guys that saleen out their gt's and call them "saleens" after the fact...

Its your car obviously and you have the right to do whatever. But i like many more people rather appreciate it for what it is, a great GTO.

Quick hypothetical scenario for you; You live in a foreign country where Chevrolet sells the Corvette under another name, with a slightly different front/rear fascia treatment. You buy one, but you really like the way it looks in all the other countries, and you appreciate the heritage of the name. So you switch the body panels/badges back to Chevrolet Corvette. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, and that's probably what I would do if I ever bought a GTO or G8. It's nothing at all like having a V6 Mustang and putting Cobra badges on it, or making your car look like a Saleen and calling it that. The GTO STARTED as a Monaro... it left the line that way. Changing the name to GTO doesn't change what the car is.

OP: GORGEOUS cars, and nice race/write-up.

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Doc, are you still planning on being in Valdosta around 9:00?
I will be in the BOM with chrome wheels looking for yall.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Oh sorry, i had no idea you had imported that bad boy from Australia.

Look, no one is saying that your GTO is not great looking, its modded very tastefully and to top it off it moves the hell out. But its kinda like that kid that goes around on this website with a v6 modded to look exactly like a terminator down to the badges. Or the guys that saleen out their gt's and call them "saleens" after the fact...

Its your car obviously and you have the right to do whatever. But i like many more people rather appreciate it for what it is, a great GTO.

Until you are man enough to fill the shoes of a queer keep your grade school comebacks to yourself gay emo cow.

Not trying just pointing out the obvious.

.... Why are you comparing a v6 to a cobra? If someone puts Cobra badges on a v6, its a phony because its a v6 under the hood not a 4v N/A / supercharged engine... if a GT puts saleen ground effects on it, who cares! Saleens all start as GT's and in very rare cases Cobras... A Holden and a GTO are the same exact car. GM are the ones who changed the badges... The Holden came with a LS2... its not like it came with a random ass motor and he put a ls2 in it and then re badged it... its not understandable if someone with a 240 put a LS1 in it, and then put z28 badges or Corvette badges...

The HOLDEN is the same EXACT car... if he wants to change his GTO back to what it "orignally" was...why the **** not? Sure in technical terms its a phony... but honestly whos going to tell? Maybe he likes the look of holden better? Changing a GTO back to a HOLDEN is like...Changing a Infiti G35 to a skyline... because in japan a G35 is a SKYLINE... except different side driving... or a s14 to a 240sx or swapping a DSM logo for a Diamond logo...both same cars..just differnt names...

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
It's funny that for years a lot of stang owners busted the Pontiac GTO owner's balls for for having a re-badged Holden Monaro. Now you're busting my balls because I put it back like it came . . . :bored:

Some people are never happy. As far as a "true car guy's world" welcome to mine. I brought my car back to its roots. The same cars that raced in the Australian Super Turning Car series against the Ford Falcons. I watched that race series for years and knew what a Monaro was and as soon as I found out they were coming over as a GTO I went out and bought one. I had the 1st one in Savannah, GA. Then I called Holden of Sydney and had the original parts shipped over and installed. Have you ever had anything that big shipped from Oz land . . . Ain't easy . . .

A "regular" car guy wouldn't go thru that much $hit, time, and $$$. Only a "true" one . . . like me :coolman:

Sorry for the rant guys.

I wish Ford would bring the Falcon here. :( Beautiful cars, Doc!

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Doc, are you still planning on being in Valdosta around 9:00?
I will be in the BOM with chrome wheels looking for yall.

More like 8pm at the hotel then to the Wing joint. I'll be in my white F350 towing a 26ft white trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread