first run with a c6z06.the outcome was shocking

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
C6 Vette said:
Because his and most pullied cobra setups are right around the 450-470rwhp mark and thats not enough to overcome the weight and drag coefficiency disadvantage that Cobra's possess when going up against a C6Z . To be honest with ya most pulley Cobras out here in the west where the D/A's are horrible they tend to average low to mid 12's...Perhaps his 11.6 was at a WELL prepped track in FAVORABLE conditions on some Mickey Thompson slicks....:shrug:

No one is denying the validity of his kill, but you have to admit 11.6 with a pullied Cobra is about as rare as a Z06 running high 10's with DR's...its happened , but its not the norm

Good points C6. Density altitude makes magazine numbers next to impossible to match at higher elevations. Denver people know this as do people where I live. NA cars get hurt worse at higher altitudes then forced induction cars. In Montana my buddies pullied 03 cobra on DR's and full exhaust has run a best of 12.6 @ 109. He averages 12.8 I don't have any stock #'s and my 03 is now pullied so no track times stock. I've seen 01/02 Z06's struggle to run 13.9's stock and a C6 (non Z06) go a best of 13.7 @ 104. C5's have all gone 13.9 to 14.4 stock. I havn't seen an 07' Z06 run. They are few and far between out here. But those are a few real world #'s that I have witnessed at our track, which is close to 8,000 D.A.

Nvp1986

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
On the street, you know the saying "anything", but with your #'s and equal drivers it's not going to happen.

Tough to call this one a race, because from 50 to 100mph in the Z is only a matter of seconds. Are you sure the guy was trying to race or just dicking around with you? Either way, I'm glad to see there are a few other vette owners that will hit the gas because most won't.

C6Z06'[email protected]

He is trapping 122... Here is a video of several different C6Z06's at MIR. One traps 122 twice... the other traps 120. I don't see what is so hard to believe?

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I agree it would take one hell of a driver to pull on a new Z06 with a bolt on pullied cobra but stranger things have happened. For instance I stayed with a ZX10R tonite in my whippled 04. As long as you can hook up the tires and shift perfect then you're good to go , most new vette owners cant drive for sh1t.

skunk50

Established Member
looks like another streetrace being determined by the internet.

why even bother to race and make a post about it when all you dipshits are going to do the same thing everytime. if i ever race and beat a C6 Z06 with my Slobra, i'll post it and if anyone asks for my mods, i'll just tell you to go **** yourself. :p

StangJason

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
Because his and most pullied cobra setups are right around the 450-470rwhp mark and thats not enough to overcome the weight and drag coefficiency disadvantage that Cobra's possess when going up against a C6Z . To be honest with ya most pulley Cobras out here in the west where the D/A's are horrible they tend to average low to mid 12's...Perhaps his 11.6 was at a WELL prepped track in FAVORABLE conditions on some Mickey Thompson slicks....:shrug:

No one is denying the validity of his kill, but you have to admit 11.6 with a pullied Cobra is about as rare as a Z06 running high 10's with DR's...its happened , but its not the norm

mmhhh nice generalization but I ran my 11.9 1/4 mile on a cold not so well prepped track thus the 1.9 60ft but my Nitto's did hook well down track so little time was lost barely spinning 2nd gear. I just wonder what I could have done with slicks.

wuplash

Established Member
CLUTCH said:
I'd put a little zo6 badge with a line through it on your car. You got one for now, maybe the next encounter will be different.

i will have to keep that in mind:rolling:

wuplash

Established Member
Lightning&Mach1 said:
Wuplash you told my father friday at sonic you have never had the car at the track since there aren't any good 1/4 mile tracks around here. So where did the times come from?

it's been at the track on several occasions in bowling green just no closer 1/4 mile around here and i don't care much for just a 1/8 mile track.the 11.6 time in my sig came about in nov 2005 on my bfg dr the car can go 11.4's with a better 60' which i plan on doing once i get some halfshafts and one of those nice billet diff covers by doug as i had to sell the first one i bought.

adramire25

Established Member
Camaro99SS said:
I know WUPLASH and can vouch for how well his car runs. I wasn't there to see the run, but in roll racing a ~4-5mph trap speed difference can easily be made up by a good driver and a mediocre driver.

Plus the nights have been pretty cool around here, and we all know cool air is good for the Eaton.

Jason

LOL at your sig...

MuTiLaToR

Banned
Nice Kill, like some others said those C6 Z's are def. no joke, sucks he wouldnt pace next to you and try honking it off though. then you would have really known a true outcome. but props for staying ahead. my buddies stock c6 Z ran a 11.05 on mickey thompson dr's but hes a pretty good driver. I believe his 60' was 1.72 or so...

mustangbee

Established Member
i dont know why your surprised... i personally saw a Z at the strip that couldnt break under 12.5..that same race could have happened against any high hp car

DRIVER.

USBlueStage2

Established Member
Nice kill. I was at Island last friday night with my buddy who has an '07 Z06 - it was his first time ever at the track and he ran a 12.93 @ 115. It was my first time at Island, and first time running my Cobra and I ran 13.6 @ 106.

My buddy says that the Z is just hitting its stride at 100 mph. . . .

Beetle6986

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
you have to admit 11.6 with a pullied Cobra is about as rare as a Z06 running high 10's with DR's...its happened , but its not the norm

Actually, mid and low 11s are fairly common on upper and lower pullied (ported) Cobras. I would even go as far to say that you should expect somewhere in the 11s for a pullied Cobra. The rare pullied Cobras are the ones like Broke7 who ran high 10s.

wuplash

Established Member
Lightning&Mach1 said:
Wuplash I just think it was kind of odd that he asked you if you have had it at the track and you didn't say anything.

most everybody local here knows i've had it at the bowling green track several times,your dad may have asked me something while at sonic i did not hear.remember i'am not blessed with the best hearing in the world,well i was till i turned 11 and mysteriously lost 60% of it.

Indykid

Established Member
wuplash said:
came across a c6 z06 parked in a lot by a sports bar.well i decided it would be cool to just sit across the road from it and watch it leave since i've not seen many around here.after waiting for 20 min a guy and lady come out and get in the z,

You're stalker.:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread