First Test - Motortrend 2013 GT500

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Looking at the M/T pictures, is the Resonator Delete now standard???
Rear brakes are bigger, but single piston??? Stopped faster than a ZL1 though.. Gotta read further, and put my order in. I knew this would happen...

tbi0904

Established Member
Nice review. I have Motortrend as one of my channels on Flipboard and they've had a Shelby for the last couple days driving it across the country. They also have a GTR so...

They're tweeting about it as well with pics if any of guys (and girl) do the twitter thing.

fangstang

Established Member
about time, huh? Its amazing how todays muscle cars put out numbers as good as sports cars/super cars.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
officially monday, media embargo over! :rockon: :beer:

need to make sure I pressure my dealer this week....:lol1:

edit: found a mistake, they say 2.3 liter eaton roots, but its a TVS unit :nonono:

So what is incorrect about saying the supercharger is a 2.3 liter eaton roots? That statement is 100% accurate. It is 2.3L. It is made by Eaton, and the TVS is still classified as a roots supercharger...

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
So what is incorrect about saying the supercharger is a 2.3 liter eaton roots? That statement is 100% accurate. It is 2.3L. It is made by Eaton, and the TVS is still classified as a roots supercharger...

That is accurate, it's a Roots Hybrid.

The cross bred child of a roots and a twin screw.

Sometimes....bastard children are a good thing. :thumbsup:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

yea that was me reading late at night, because they didnt actually call it a TVS unit, just eaton roots type. ah well sue me :shrug:

JCSVT

V6 Powa!!
Established Member
Horsepower wars insist that there are competitors fighting against one another for supremacy of who has the most powerful (fastest) vehicle. Well looks like the war has been ended as of today with Ford's SVT team striking the deadly blow to GM's performance division or whats left of it. LAWD knows GM is suicide watch:D

GREAT job SVT

RIP Mr. Carroll Shelby

Umm...the ZR1 and Z06 still exist. :shrug:

But yeah, the Camaro team got left in the dust.

SVTSlingshot

Ya, that's my Shelby
Established Member
01LightningGal;11825134 0-60 - 3.5 seconds 1/4 mile - 11.6 @ 125.7 60-0 - 101ft [/QUOTE said:
If the Shelby had either DRs or slicks and cool weather you think the Shelby could dip into the high 10s? I hope so cause I would have to be in the low 11s at least to beat my previous 02 SVT Lightning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread