First Test - Motortrend 2013 GT500

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
officially monday, media embargo over! :rockon: :beer:

need to make sure I pressure my dealer this week....:lol1:

edit again: they just didnt credit the maker of the supercharger unit TVS, my initial assessment was wrong. I can admit a mistake :lol1:

Last edited:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
They really like the car, and love the way it drives and how easy it is to drive.

Lateral acceleration was .98G vs 1.00 for the ZL1.

I think that is the only metric that the ZL1 wins on.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
CAUTION THE FOLLOWING POST WILL CONTAIN FANBOY COMMENTS CAMARO VIEWERS SHOULD SKIP PAST

SVT!!!!!!! YEAAAA SVT!!!!!!! ZR1 CAN'T HANG WRITE A LETTER ABOUT THAT

358wn9.jpg

but really I'm happy with the results congrats to all those buying this car I'm jealous

bull3441

Established Member
I'm like a kid on Xmas with all the vids and articles being published.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Good read.....Oh My. Dam the 13 is smoking...and this is from a MAG DRIVER.........

Things just got ugly. Quickly. I guess now the argument will be it cost more......(as tested)

Zeroescence

Established Member
Tested on different days. Different temps? Humidity? Who knows. .02 difference is not much.

They really like the car, and love the way it drives and how easy it is to drive.

Lateral acceleration was .98G vs 1.00 for the ZL1.

I think that is the only metric that the ZL1 wins on.

Last edited:

DEMARCO313

Established Member
GREAT..Cant wait for more tests. I bet at least one will be quicker then this one :) . GOOD JOB SVT!

rattlesnake3:16- I wish that was King Booka lol. Liked him much better than Booker T

Last edited:

DEMARCO313

Established Member
The thing that intrigued me the most was on the 1st page at the beginning of a paragraph near the bottom where it says

" During testing, full launch control with traction intervention provided the fastest and most repeatable runs ".

So that provided the fastest time with launch control AND traction control ON? If so this car will be SICK on slicks with launch control and traction control OFF. With proper traction and a nice launch, it should run 10's all day :)

Last edited:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
LOL Your welcome. :)

I was looking at 1 minute past 9. LOL

I knew MT would have the fastest times, as they always do. Well, of the mainstream rags.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Horsepower wars insist that there are competitors fighting against one another for supremacy of who has the most powerful (fastest) vehicle. Well looks like the war has been ended as of today with Ford's SVT team striking the deadly blow to GM's performance division or whats left of it. LAWD knows GM is suicide watch:D

GREAT job SVT

RIP Mr. Carroll Shelby

Users who are viewing this thread