First time to the track with the Cobra

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Your setup might make a few more hp and a little more torque. So it pays off at the track "if" you keep everything cool.

Also once you're in the lanes don't let the car sit and idle. Wait for the cars to move up 3 or 4 spots before you start your car to move. Then get enough momentum and shut it off to coast where you need to stop.

What rpm's are you shifting at?

The second pass was right at 6,000 and the third pass was 6,500.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Not bad, I have similar mods and leaving soft (1.7 '60) I've been around 7.63 at 100. Hopefully I'll get some guts this year and leave hard.

lol. well the next time i go back to the track my ETs will be on the car and plan to leave around 5,000rpms. if that doesn't get me atleast a 1.5 60' i will be pretty upset.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 about the cool downs. Usually it would take me an hour to get there and I would sit for 2 hours to let it cool, then 30 mins after each round to cool off. usually on get 3, maybe 4 runs in.
Everytime I buy something like a Cobra or Lightning, unless it's a super recent dyno sheet, i don't trust it and get one done. I feel safer knowing it's running at a safe AF ratio and i'm not about to grenade my motor. Since I bought my L, I haven't gone WOT yet. Hitting the dyno in 2 weeks. Can't wait cause I'm ready to go WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread