First timer debating full paint correction

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Spent around 8 hours this past weekend. Not a great picture, car has computer out of car.

Wolfgang products.

Clay bar
Total swirl remover compound
Final glaze compound
Deep gloss sealant

I used the da porter cable, orange ccs cutting pads and white ccs finishing pad.

This is my first time doing this. Pretty happy with the results. Next time I may use a little more aggressive cutting pad.

Can't wait to do this on the 03 cobra. But it is a lot of work!
447b0576dc23196d50de916324e6fece.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good dubbs and yes it is a lot of work. For me the issue is after the paint gets clean you want to keep it that way and here is where the struggle begins. Enjoy my friend.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good dubbs and yes it is a lot of work. For me the issue is after the paint gets clean you want to keep it that way and here is where the struggle begins. Enjoy my friend.
Thank you. You are right, I don't even want to drive it now lol.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't even want to drive it now lol.

That is no joke. It is a problem that comes with a car that is toooo clean. I don't want that type of car anymore, give me a good 5 footer and I will drive it more often, which results in more enjoyment.

Funny story... kind of sad really.
A friend comes into town once a year and likes to ride in some cool cars. We are trying to decide which one to take out and I remember saying, I don't want to take this one because it is too dirty and I don't want to take this one because it might rain and I don't want to mess it up. I looked at him and said, this is really messed up.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That is no joke. It is a problem that comes with a car that is toooo clean. I don't want that type of car anymore, give me a good 5 footer and I will drive it more often, which results in more enjoyment.

Funny story... kind of sad really.
A friend comes into town once a year and likes to ride in some cool cars. We are trying to decide which one to take out and I remember saying, I don't want to take this one because it is too dirty and I don't want to take this one because it might rain and I don't want to mess it up. I looked at him and said, this is really messed up.
That is so true! That's why I'm so picky with the cobra. I won't even bring it to car shows. Friends give me so much crap about it.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking yesterday that I should put the Cobra on the rack and start detailing it and then I remembered that story and said nope, going to leave it alone. I am thinking about driving it to the beach tomorrow and there is no way I would do that if I did a full detail. No way!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you. You are right, I don't even want to drive it now lol.

this is why I keep debating about having my car touched up when I do the new front bumper cover - Id like to get the hood/fenders resprayed due to all the rock chips from 80k as a DD but then again it's a driver, don't wanna worry about it too much.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking yesterday that I should put the Cobra on the rack and start detailing it and then I remembered that story and said nope, going to leave it alone. I am thinking about driving it to the beach tomorrow and there is no way I would do that if I did a full detail. No way!
LoL I wouldn't drive it on a long cruise either after a full detail. I don't mind taking the car out if it's just a little dirty, because it's going to get worse anyway.
this is why I keep debating about having my car touched up when I do the new front bumper cover - Id like to get the hood/fenders resprayed due to all the rock chips from 80k as a DD but then again it's a driver, don't wanna worry about it too much.
My front bumper has the usual rock chips to. Only have 31k miles on it, but the bumper tells a different story.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
LoL I wouldn't drive it on a long cruise either after a full detail. I don't mind taking the car out if it's just a little dirty, because it's going to get worse anyway.My front bumper has the usual rock chips to. Only have 31k miles on it, but the bumper tells a different story.

my original front was pretty chipped up, found a used DSG with a clear bra already on it for $100 so been rocking that for a long time. the leading edge of the hood and fenders have chips though. I'll probably get all that sprayed but not gonna do anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread