First Track Event w/ the Cobra!!!!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Excellent event and Carlos (Racebronco) was incredibly helpful and a blast to hang out with. We all had a ton of fun, the instructors were fantastic and very helpful and above all it was organized and safe. I got more then enough runs in and everyone involved in putting on the event did a great job.

Special thanks to Racebronco though. My girlfriend, her mother, her uncle and myself learned A LOT from Carlos. I can confidently say I feel like I got better as the day went on. Each run was smoother and quicker with better entry and exits. Getting a ride in his car was one of the highlights of teh day too. I have a new found respect for the cobras especially when you see a fairly stock (Racebronco's) one hanging with a zo6 (instructor driving) in the turns. AMAZING!!!!!

:beer:
th_MOV00060.jpg

th_MVI_0364.jpg

th_MVI_0363.jpg

Here are some pics!!!!
4-2.jpg

0.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

untitled.jpg

5-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

11-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Very cool! Glad you had a good time. Welcome to the addiction. Now kiss most of your money and all of your spare time good bye! ;-) :-D

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Very cool! Glad you had a good time. Welcome to the addiction. Now kiss most of your money and all of your spare time good bye! ;-) :-D

That pretty much somes up my life!!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have been looking forward to this post!!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the madness!!! :banana: :rockon: :pepper: :beer: madness!!!

I knew you would love it once you got out there!!!

Now you will see what we mean about saving most of the money for...

Tires... brakepads... entry fees... brake fluid and fuel!!! With an occasional motel room thrown in for good measure.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Honestly it was amazing!!!!!! I still can't stop thinking about it!!!!

You know what all the things I have done to my car and I never thought I would push my car like that and that it would take it!!!! Of all things it performed WAY above my expectations especially with the help of Racebronco.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful posts! I will have a huge grin for weeks. Now time to take off the track shoes until the next event!

racebronco2

Established Member
Even though this was Venomous01's first event it was at the worst track in
so-cal, reminds me of canyon runs with 10 turns, short course (about 1:00.00 to 1:30.00 ) very little run-off, ditches, and drop-offs, wait til he gets to a better course and he will think it might actually be easy. I will post video's of both clockwise and counter clockwise later this week.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
03SteedaGT said:
How did the brakes feel? I wasn't sure how well the HPS pads would preform on track.
Brakes performed FLAWLESSLY!!!

Hawk HPS pads front and back
Powerstop cross drilled/slotted rotores front and back
Russell SS braided lines
Brake cooling ducts

No brake fade at all and the car stopped on a dime. The car overall performed FAR above my expectations.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
Even though this was Venomous01's first event it was at the worst track in
so-cal, reminds me of canyon runs with 10 turns, short course (about 1:00.00 to 1:30.00 ) very little run-off, ditches, and drop-offs, wait til he gets to a better course and he will think it might actually be easy. I will post video's of both clockwise and counter clockwise later this week.
I enjoyed the course b/c it was technical so it challenged the drivers ability of hitting the correct lines, entries and exits. As the day progressed I could really feel the car flowing smoother around the track. Better braking points were a huge improvement for me along with finding the apex of the turns. I had to learn not to brake too early into a turn which Racebronco taught me in my ride along with him. Brake late, find the apex ease into the throttle and go.

I think next there might be a need for a cage and let me tell you Racebronco's coil-over, k-member setup etc... handled amazing at the track. I think I really might focus on the suspension next.

Last edited:

Stanger58

Established Member
Focus on YOU ... learning more and getting more seat time. A stock Cobra will take you a long ways...

Congrats...and welcome to the addiction! :beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Stanger58 said:
Focus on YOU ... learning more and getting more seat time. A stock Cobra will take you a long ways...

Congrats...and welcome to the addiction! :beer:
Oh yeah it will!!!! Racebronco's cobra is more stock then mine and boy did that car rip up that track. I was VERY impressed.

More seat time is the initial plan along with the safety of a nice 6pt.

Last edited:

nightstalker865

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Brakes performed FLAWLESSLY!!!

Hawk HPS pads front and back
Powerstop cross drilled/slotted rotores front and back
Russell SS braided lines
Brake cooling ducts

No brake fade at all and the car stopped on a dime. The car overall performed FAR above my expectations.

Good to hear. I guess those brake ducts really work well. I can't wait to get mine on and try them out.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I am so jelous right now, I still have till end of March before I can do anything locally!! Damn you southern states!!

Users who are viewing this thread