First Track Event w/ the Cobra!!!!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
userob2002 said:
Im going to do this tear. I promise!
You won't regret it. I am looking at the schedule and deciding which one to sign up for. Laguna Seca is coming soon too.

On a sidenote I am very happy with the rear diff cooler setup. The entire think worked flawlessly.

racebronco2

Established Member
I am usually at most of the willow springs and buttonwillow events wether it's run by nasa, speed ventures, or speed trial. Let me know Venomous01 so we can get together again. Horse theif mile is much too small of a course for our cars. Big willow will allow you to open it up on the front and back straight. I have never been to laguna seca but it does sound tempting, now only if i could find something for my wife to do while i was at the track i know i could make it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
racebronco2 said:
now only if i could find something for my wife to do while i was at the track i know i could make it.

Teach her how to jack up the car and rotate tires. Maybe a front brakes 101 course for her too!?! ;-) :poke:

97whitevert

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Teach her how to jack up the car and rotate tires. Maybe a front brakes 101 course for her too!?! ;-) :poke:

Bruce, tsk tsk tsk

Some of us 'wives' drive!!:bash: :bigsmile:

My husband is my tire man, head mechanic, fuel man, and crew chief! :lol:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
97whitevert said:
Bruce, tsk tsk tsk

Some of us 'wives' drive!!:bash: :bigsmile:

My husband is my tire man, head mechanic, fuel man, and crew chief! :lol:

Lisa:

Well, you're not bored when you go to the track!?! ;-) :-D

harley56

Established Member
racebronco2 said:
I am usually at most of the willow springs and buttonwillow events wether it's run by nasa, speed ventures, or speed trial. Let me know Venomous01 so we can get together again. Horse theif mile is much too small of a course for our cars. Big willow will allow you to open it up on the front and back straight. I have never been to laguna seca but it does sound tempting, now only if i could find something for my wife to do while i was at the track i know i could make it.

15 minutes from Monterey - Cannery Row and shopping as well as right on the ocean. Most of our wives spend quite awhile there without getting bored while we are at the track.:-D

racebronco2

Established Member
harley56 said:
15 minutes from Monterey - Cannery Row and shopping as well as right on the ocean. Most of our wives spend quite awhile there without getting bored while we are at the track.:-D

thanks for the info, now i just need to get things planned.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
I agree with you. If we will be reaching higher speeds I would like to get a 6 pt put in ASAP. Will you be at the Buttonwillow event this weekend?:shrug:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
sleepless said:
What sort of diff temps are you running with the cooler?
I am not sure what temps I am running, but I know that when the diff oil temp hits a certain level the pump turns on and stays on until the level drops below. The diff cooler drops the temps very quickly. The diff cooler setup is EXTREMELY clean and works like a charm.

I am also running a Torsen T2R and Royal Purple diff oil.

03'Darin

Established Member
When I read the storys about someone's excitement from their first track experience it always reminds me of mine. 15 years and LARGE PILES of money ago I still remember that day like yesterday.

venomous01 be prepared..... it's an addiction that you'll never break. lol One great thing about it is you won't have money for bad habbits. lol As stanger58 said.... the driver mod is the biggest mod. As I'm sure you realize it's not that your instructors "more stock" Cobra was faster, it's just what a more experienced driver can do.

Somebody may have already mentioned it but you should consider getting rid of those cross drilled rotors and going to a solid rotor. Slotted rotors are good but the cross drilled rotors are prone to premature cracking and failures. As your driving ability improves your parts wear will increase dramatically. You'll also want to go with a track specific pad that will handle more street than the HPS. Ideally you should use the cross drilled rotors and HPS pads for street use and keep the solid or slotted rotors and track pads for open tracking. You don't want to switch back and forth from track pads to street pads on the same rotors. Most pad material is not compatible and will cause your car to feel like the rotors are warped.

Darin

racebronco2

Established Member
My dif temps were running at 250*. Remember this is a slower then most open track event where most of the course is ran in second gear. There is one section where i was close to the top of 3rd ( 82mph). I will be attending bw on saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread