Five days smoke free... And counting.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Pack and a half a day, twenty years, Obama and Granholm went on taxing cigarettes bing. I quit using Nicorette, but not their plan. Only chewed a piece when I was really jonesing for a smoke. After 6 days was down to 3 pieces a day. Figured then I could handle it on my own. Only good thing Jennifer Granholm ever did for me and Michigan.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Was a pack and a half smoker for 17 years, it's been 7 years since I quit.

I still miss it, you have to want to quit.

Find your reason for quitting.
That's about how long I smoked cigs. I quit those and smoked a pipe for about a year after and quit the pipe when the kids came along. After 7-8 years I used to tell myself that I might pick the pipe back up when the kids were grown, but I discovered that after about ten years of not smoking I no longer craved any tobacco, and that's when the smell of cigarettes really became awful to me, and has been the past 18 years.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Really no rules honestly. I personally believe it can be cured, but it’s to much of a industry.
On top of there being an estimated 200 types of cancer.

Cures coming but that will be the day the govt gets to decide who is worthy of living.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jk57

Established Member
Good for you I gave them up about 13 years ago I quit cold turkey and each day became easier for me ... So don’t give up!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a brother in law who smoked like a freight train. He wasn’t overweight, and seemed pretty healthy..... had a massive heart attack last year at the age 29 or 30, can’t remember his exact age. He flatlined 11 times total, they thought he would be brain dead after finally getting him stabilized.

After a long stay in the hospital and nothing short of a miracle, no brain damage and still alive today.

I don’t remember what was wrong with his heart prior, but smoking combined with an underlying heart condition almost killed him for good.

Sad thing is, his two small children are the ones who found him aspirating and seizing on the floor when he had the heart attack.

The doctors told him he picks smoking up again, he will die from it.

I commend all people who quit the habit, and I hope you all can stick with staying clean of tobacco. It almost cost my bro in law his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirShaun

Established Member
I dipped a can a day for 12 years. I quit 226 days ago. One of the harder things I've had to do in life thus far.

While being one of the toughest things to deal with, it's one of the most rewarding as well. I no longer am tied to a can, packing my lip constantly, or spitting in a bottle. It's freedom.

You gotta want to quit, so find your reason and say it daily. It gets easier, you just gotta embrace the suck. I found fake dip, and sunflower seeds to make it a little easier for me.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have a brother in law who smoked like a freight train. He wasn’t overweight, and seemed pretty healthy..... had a massive heart attack last year at the age 29 or 30, can’t remember his exact age. He flatlined 11 times total, they thought he would be brain dead after finally getting him stabilized.

After a long stay in the hospital and nothing short of a miracle, no brain damage and still alive today.

I don’t remember what was wrong with his heart prior, but smoking combined with an underlying heart condition almost killed him for good.

Sad thing is, his two small children are the ones who found him aspirating and seizing on the floor when he had the heart attack.

The doctors told him he picks smoking up again, he will die from it.

I commend all people who quit the habit, and I hope you all can stick with staying clean of tobacco. It almost cost my bro in law his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazy how the body reacts to smoking. My grandparents lived in the hills of east TN and smoked like that too and lived into their early 80s.

I often wonder how long they would have lived had they not smoked.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Thanks for sharing your stories guys. Today marks a week since my last smoke. I definitely feel at times that I'm missing it - like from habit after a big meal or with my morning coffee. I will say that I was pleasantly plastered most of the weekend and managed not to smoke!! I started the 7mg patch today down from the 21mg. I think for me right now it's less about the physical addiction. I just wanna taste the sweet sting of a Newport lol.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
my father smoked for 30 years then woke up one day and realized how stupid it was and quit cold turkey. no patch, no pills no nothing. never smoked again.

guess I was blessed with a sensitive nose cause the smell of cigarettes makes me sick to my stomach literally! disgusting!

must be quite the drug cause I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would out that shit in their lungs knowing what we know today about its health risks smh

in fact, its been proven to be just as deadly to ur health as Cocaine is. if thats doesn't make u quit nothing will. u gotta wanna do it otherwise ur wasting ur time quitting. relying on patches simply means u haven't convinced urself how DEADLY it actually is.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
relying on patches simply means u haven't convinced urself how DEADLY it actually is.

Nicotine is not a deadly substance in controlled moderation - it just happens to be a super addictive ingredient in cigarettes among hundreds of other carcinogens. Using a patch as a temporary substitute to smoking to help ween myself off nicotine seems to be the best decision for me at the moment. I both work and go to school full-time trust me I can't do cold turkey right now lol.

Blown 89

Established Member
Congratulations....keep it up. That's an expensive and very dangerous habit. Treat yourself at the end of the month with your savings.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
January 1st will be 10 years smoke free for me.

I quit cold turkey after smoking for twenty years, it was also during my divorce, without a doubt the most stressful time in my life.

Good luck...

_Snake_

Established Member
I dipped a can a day for 12 years. I quit 226 days ago. One of the harder things I've had to do in life thus far.

While being one of the toughest things to deal with, it's one of the most rewarding as well. I no longer am tied to a can, packing my lip constantly, or spitting in a bottle. It's freedom.

You gotta want to quit, so find your reason and say it daily. It gets easier, you just gotta embrace the suck. I found fake dip, and sunflower seeds to make it a little easier for me.

Congrats man! I dipped for 20 years and quit cold turkey almost 4 years ago. It gets easier and better every day.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Both of my parents smoked when I was growing up. I have a super sensitive nose and it would make me sick. My dad had a mild heart attack at 44 and he quit that day. My mom continued. They're both gone now but I'm sure they'd still be here if not for the decades of smoking. I just don't see how anyone starts it in the first place, it's disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread