Five days smoke free... And counting.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Thanks for the support bros! My step-father's cousin passed away Monday morning after what was a short, incredibly sad and excruciatingly painful bout with lung cancer at the age of 62. I decided that morning that I was done and I hope to never touch another filthy cancer stick again.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Thanks for the support bros! My step-father's cousin passed away Monday morning after what was a short, incredibly sad and excruciatingly painful bout with lung cancer at the age of 62. I decided that morning that I was done and I hope to never touch another filthy cancer stick again.

I'm 62 now, only five years younger than when my old man died of cancer 22 years ago. I was with him almost every minute the last three days. I was so glad I was able to be there, but it was the most horrible thing I have ever experienced.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
Yeah guys get off them, and tobacco tied to many cancers my dad died of bladder cig related cancer

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Rare40th

Established Member
Congrats on quitting! I've never smoked so I'm not sure what it's like but my old man just quit about 3.5 years ago and noticed right away the difference in sense of smell. Even threw away a bunch of clothes because he could still smell the smoke (he was about 1.5-2 packs per day). Now just to get mom to quit (.5 pack per day)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lights one up with a beer as I reply.
Congratulations, my wife quit 2 years ago, me...
My mom died of cancer, never smoked. No rules, but I can see a difference in my wife. Some day I hope.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
You know interestingly only 10 percent of smokers get lung cancer, but on the flip side a lot of them get Emphysema

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
We've got all kinds of cancer in both sides of our family, including folks who never smoked. That said, it is some kinda ugly business.

Was at the bedsides when both my dad, and my wife's dad died. One smoked, but had quit 20 years earlier, and the other one never smoked. He had a different kind of cancer.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We've got all kinds of cancer in both sides of our family, including folks who never smoked. That said, it is some kinda ugly business.

Was at the bedsides when both my dad, and my wife's dad died. One smoked, but had quit 20 years earlier, and the other one never smoked. He had a different kind of cancer.
Really no rules honestly. I personally believe it can be cured, but it’s to much of a industry.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I was a very light smoker, 1/2 pack per day at most but more like 3-5 cigs per day, but I still get cravings. I will say, a few months after I quit I lit one up and felt like I was gonna throw up.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
24FCB912-A5F8-40F5-B7C8-8DAB586ACFB7.jpeg
EB5E9EF0-4A27-4180-975F-ED0BA4A778C1.jpeg

Hey buddy I can tell you how to survive. I recently Dec. fell innvoinsous in my home, Diognosed brain cancer, spent 4 months fighting it on a Manhattan hospital. I was told the only reason that I survived was because I was in like wealterweight shape before getting the brain cancer. You must get in shape now for the upcoming battle, best of luck Phil

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
5yrs here for me since I quit. I do miss it at times. Pack a day. Why did I quit? I got tired of getting bronchitis every year and pharrangitus every winter. Also because of my kids and my Grandma who is on oxygen because she quit but smoked for like 50yrs. I did it cold turkey and you can too OP. It’s all in your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bglf83

Established Member
I quit last year. In stressful situations I would actually feel sick for a while after quiting. 6 months in I still missed it pretty bad.

I am ok now. Bars and stressful situations are hard for me though.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I quit drinking almost 2 months ago. That greatly decreased the amount I smoke. But in lieu of that I’ve been dipping...so not a good thing. I dip at home, use lozenges at work, and smoke in the car. Got to figure out how to drop the nicotine all together.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Was a pack and a half smoker for 17 years, it's been 7 years since I quit.

I still miss it, you have to want to quit.

Find your reason for quitting.

Users who are viewing this thread