FL shop employee destroys BMW on joyride

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I would just put in a claim with my insurance, and have them go after the shops insurance, and sit back and do ****ing nothing, because thats what insurance is for.

slidai

Established Member
We had a lube tech leave the drain plug loose on a new car the other week. The customer went home to a freshly pressure washed driveway. Got up the next morning and the oil had stained a line all the way down the driveway.

We sent a roll back to get the car. Dropped off a loaner. Paid to have his driveway pressure washed again. Gave him free service for a year and delivered the car back to him.

That's how it should be done.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Back in '06 I had an Acura TL that was totaled by a dealership employee that took the car home for the night, they didnt want to work with me so I sued them and settled out of court.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another one! I can only imagine how many times this happens and we don't hear about it. Or how many times a car is taken out for a joy ride where nothing happens to it. Ferris Bueller style.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
We had a lube tech leave the drain plug loose on a new car the other week. The customer went home to a freshly pressure washed driveway. Got up the next morning and the oil had stained a line all the way down the driveway.

We sent a roll back to get the car. Dropped off a loaner. Paid to have his driveway pressure washed again. Gave him free service for a year and delivered the car back to him.

That's how it should be done.
I was a store manager at Merchants in Cary NC and had this exact experience with one of our good customers. Handled it the exact same way.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that actually cares. :beer:

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Also I knew a store manager at a Firestone that would take the Hertz rental cars home every Saturday night to go to the club in. Hertz always dropped off at least 4-5 cars for servicing every Friday. He once took a f150 in for its first oil change and took it out to do donuts and popped the curb and busted a tire. He then just charged the rental company for a tire.

Users who are viewing this thread