flush louvers installed!!

grobertx

Established Member
After seeing one of the other guys flush louvers I bit the bullet and got some from Silver Horse Racing... I had no problem with the AM surface mount ones I had previously installed but I really LOVE the new look. Biggest bonus is you can actually see out of them (a little) when changing lanes. I used the dealership body shop so all in all it was pretty costly but I think worth it.:rockon:

FYI I'm selling the AM performance white flush mount, like new. PM me...

iphone12-19-13073.jpg

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Are the "windows" plastic in these? I saw some in person and they looked pretty blurry like clear plastic but those might have been another brand.

I like the look though!

Last edited:

ILW84U

Established Member
Did they have to trim the inner panel to install them? I was considering doing those but the instructions said you had to trim the interior panel & I didn't really want to do that.

cobraboss

Established Member
After seeing one of the other guys flush louvers I bit the bullet and got some from Silver Horse Racing... I had no problem with the AM surface mount ones I had previously installed but I really LOVE the new look. Biggest bonus is you can actually see out of them (a little) when changing lanes. I used the dealership body shop so all in all it was pretty costly but I think worth it.:rockon:

FYI I'm selling the AM performance white flush mount, like new. PM me...

iphone12-19-13073.jpg

Love that look. I'm having a roll bar, rear seat delete with x-brace, recaros and the louvers installed. try to post pictures when done.

grobertx

Established Member
Are the "windows" plastic in these? I saw some in person and they looked pretty blurry like clear plastic but those might have been another brand.

I like the look though!
They are clear plastic of some sort and distort the view as you mention. Still a huge difference over the tape on louvers which offer zero visibility.

Did they have to trim the inner panel to install them? I was considering doing those but the instructions said you had to trim the interior panel & I didn't really want to do that.
Correct; the dealer installed both for $250.. I kept the glass and supposedly if you go back to stock you don't notice the trim...

Would love to see a DIY one this one..

Looks great OP :thumbsup:
Visit silver horse racing.com. They have a how to video but it was more than I cared to bite off...

Thanks for the compliments guys...

AMP GT500

Established Member
This is one of my favorite mods ... your car looks awesome! I have been so close to pulling the trigger on this mod, however, every time I watch the install video and see them trim the interior panel I pause. I want to do this so bad, but just hate the idea of trimming the interior panel.
Do you notice any difference to the finish of the interior panel from inside the car?
Any additional noise or air leakage\draft?

Last edited:

grobertx

Established Member
This is one of my favorite mods ... your car looks awesome! I have been so close to pulling the trigger on this mod, however, every time I watch the install video and see them trim the interior panel I pause. I want to do this so bad, but just hate the idea of trimming the interior panel.
Do you notice any difference to the finish of the interior panel from inside the car?
Any additional noise or air leakage\draft?

Thanks...I do not notice any difference to the finish of the interior panel from inside the car nor are there any additional noise or air leakage\draft...These are the same louvers Ford installs on the Cobra Jets.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Thanks...I do not notice any difference to the finish of the interior panel from inside the car nor are there any additional noise or air leakage\draft...These are the same louvers Ford installs on the Cobra Jets.

good point, I forgot Ford uses these on the Cobra Jet. I believe my decision just became a lot easier. Again, your car looks great!

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
They are clear plastic of some sort and distort the view as you mention. Still a huge difference over the tape on louvers which offer zero visibility.

Had these on my 09 and also the tape on. I liked the fact at night I would see lights coming through the plexiglass

eagle eye

Established Member
The louvers certainly look sweet but how do you clean the outside glass?
Do the louvers come off or is it all one piece?

Users who are viewing this thread