Focus RS will be AWD and have more than 320 hp

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Everyone converting it directly from pounds has no idea what they are talking about. In Europe, list price INCLUDES sales tax (VAT) as well as carbon emissions taxes. Expect it to start at 33-35k and loaded models being right around 39-41k.

HandBanana

Established Member
We'll see I guess. I wouldn't pay $40k for a Focus.

Meanwhile across the pond, they'd rather roll over an IED than pay $60k for a Mustang.

I would not worry to much about the £30 price. Rarely is a straight currency conversion an accurate reflection of the USD price. You also have to remember cars cost more there.

EXACTLY. People need to stop freaking out about the price, there's nothing we can do about that, just let the Ford number crunchers do their thing. I've seen all sorts of gossip but the reality of it is still not completely clear. It's not that hard to price cars though, $24k base to get into a Focus ST and $39k to get into a Mustang GT Premium, expect it to be in betwixt the two considering it is going to be leaps and bounds performance-wise above the EB Mustang. Fair guess would be mid to high 30's MSRP with a HUGE initial mark-up.

Voltwings

Established Member
I like all the narrow minded comments like "i'd never pay $40k for a focus!!" Ok, yes, because this is clearly the EXACT same car as the one my little sister drivers for $13k, they clearly just put a bigger engine in it and called it a day :rollseyes. Reminds me of how people (myself included) said "$75k for a CAMARO! No way" and then the Z/28 proceeded to wreck shit on the track.

You're obviously getting $40k worth of car, a torque vectoring AWD system is no joke, and we already know this engine is built incredibly stout. If you dont want to call it a focus, then call it something else, but you are certainly getting that much car. It would be the same as comparing the $60k+ GT500 to the ~$20k V6... "OH, no way in hell i'd ever pay $60k for a MUSTANG!!" Yet here we all are... Seriously. This forum has some of the absolutely most closed minded people i have ever come across... performance is performance, regardless of what they decide to call it. Call it the damn fluffy easter bunny special for all i care, this car is going to be a serious contender. If its not for you, then move on... no one cares.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
look great! not a big fan of the wheels but everything else looks good.

if there can be a base model, ala RS1, in the low $30ks and work its way up to $40k for a fully loaded RS3 then i think it will be a huge hit. starting at $40k would be a bit much imo because you know they will end up at $50k

just have to wait and see.

id be really interested in one but im sure there will be huge ADMs on them and then first year issues. probably wait a couple of years to grab a used one. but im excited to see these finally hitting the US :banana:

04svtsnke

Established Member
I like all the narrow minded comments like "i'd never pay $40k for a focus!!" Ok, yes, because this is clearly the EXACT same car as the one my little sister drivers for $13k, they clearly just put a bigger engine in it and called it a day :rollseyes. Reminds me of how people (myself included) said "$75k for a CAMARO! No way" and then the Z/28 proceeded to wreck shit on the track.

You're obviously getting $40k worth of car, a torque vectoring AWD system is no joke, and we already know this engine is built incredibly stout. If you dont want to call it a focus, then call it something else, but you are certainly getting that much car. It would be the same as comparing the $60k+ GT500 to the ~$20k V6... "OH, no way in hell i'd ever pay $60k for a MUSTANG!!" Yet here we all are... Seriously. This forum has some of the absolutely most closed minded people i have ever come across... performance is performance, regardless of what they decide to call it. Call it the damn fluffy easter bunny special for all i care, this car is going to be a serious contender. If its not for you, then move on... no one cares.

I don't think anyone thinks this is a run-of-the-mill focus, but it IS still a focus. The car looks amazing and I have no doubt it will perform, but 40k starting for a car vs its (arguably) toughest compeitions starting price at 34.5 would price it it of competition IMO. I highly doubt the starting price will be even close to 40k( probably similar to the suby).

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Waiting for the Dodge Dart SRT-4 to make any assumptions on this. The FoRS will be a monster but Dodge could unveil all hell if they continue on their streak.

Voltwings

Established Member
I don't think anyone thinks this is a run-of-the-mill focus, but it IS still a focus. The car looks amazing and I have no doubt it will perform, but 40k starting for a car vs its (arguably) toughest compeitions starting price at 34.5 would price it it of competition IMO. I highly doubt the starting price will be even close to 40k( probably similar to the suby).

That i will somewhat agree with, i believe the focus ST is WAY overpriced for what it is, and i'm hoping the RS doesnt follow suit. That being said, i believe you're right, mid 30's to mid 40s, or an "average" i guess of around 40k would (should) be doable. Starting at 40k though may be a bit steep.

whiplash306

Established Member
Waiting for the Dodge Dart SRT-4 to make any assumptions on this. The FoRS will be a monster but Dodge could unveil all hell if they continue on their streak.
EAGERLY waiting on both the Dart SRT4 and the upcoming Mazdaspeed 3. This RS will set a performance bar for the other two. Interesting times ahead. LOVE IT!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

You're obviously getting $40k worth of car, a torque vectoring AWD system is no joke, and we already know this engine is built incredibly stout. If you dont want to call it a focus, than call it something else, but you are certainly getting that much car. It would be the same as comparing the $60k+ GT500 to the ~$20k V6... "OH, no way in hell i'd ever pay $60k for a MUSTANG!!" Yet here we all are... Seriously. This forum has some of the absolutely most closed minded people i have ever come across... performance is performance, regardless of what they decide to call it. Call it the damn fluffy easter bunny special for all i care, this car is going to be a serious contender. If its not for you, then move on... no one cares.

That's just because they don't know much about it. Admittedly, I don't know much about it, either, but I can see this thing going for ~$45K with options. And I wouldn't necessarily balk at even that price. Like I said, I don't know much about the Focus RS, but I do know of it's history and wild popularity across the pond. Most people simply look at the base price of a car then assign a mental value to the entire line based on that, just like your V6 - GT500 example.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Aww Yiss!

If you can snatch one for $35k thatll be the ****ing meal ticket right there.

And cant wait to see the aftermarket explode for all things turbo for Ford right now. From the STs to the Mustang to the RS.

The next few years is going to be great for any owners of any of these cars. Im semi-jelly.

TorchMach

Established Member
I've seen Evos and STi's pulling a corner. AWD could still be in the cards.

Damn if i wasn't buying a 350 this summer I'd be all over one if it is AWD equipped. Be a killer DD

I am happy I was wrong on this. This car is going to be so sick!! I'm even thinking of selling my truck to get one of these as a DD..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm not sure if I should jump on the first batch or hold out for a potential limited edition. Going by RS historically, they don't offer trim models, just a single model that does it all, and if you're lucky a limited edition that really cranks it up.

I'm gonna have to go back and do some research on when the RS500 came out after the RS, because RS's 50th anniversary is coming up in 2 years.

blk02edge

Established Member
I want it in that damn blue color that apparently wont be a available :(

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I want it in that damn blue color that apparently wont be a available :(

I've been reading like a million different places so this could be entirely wrong.

One source said: Nitrous Blue (that I assume), stealth gray, absolute black and frozen white.

I'll take one in white.

Users who are viewing this thread