Fog light delete on a Terminator?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
True but I've also heard that the oil coolers on our cars are useless except for heating up the coolant in cold temps. I've always been under the impression that they do next to nothing cooling wise... though I'm no expert, just what I've heard in past threads.

fair enough! I'm going to research it a little more! Thanks for the info :beer:

GREAT link! I might try that XPEL covering and see how it works! Thanks for the link!

Cobracide, is it always on the same side for you? All mind have been driver's side fogs. Not a single passenger side yet (knocking on wood)

cobracide

Established Member
GREAT link! I might try that XPEL covering and see how it works! Thanks for the link!

Cobracide, is it always on the same side for you? All mind have been driver's side fogs. Not a single passenger side yet (knocking on wood)

Nope, it's both sides. For some reason these latest ones have held up a while. Watch them break now that I jinxed myself. Certainly haven't changed my driving because of it. Lol. Tousley ford stockers. The 3m stuff does sound like a good idea though.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Nope, it's both sides. For some reason these latest ones have held up a while. Now watch them break now that I jinxed myself. Certainly haven't changed my driving because of it. Lol. Tousley ford stockers. The 3m stuff does sound like a good idea though.

HAHA! lol :rolling:

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
True but I've also heard that the oil coolers on our cars are useless except for heating up the coolant in cold temps. I've always been under the impression that they do next to nothing cooling wise... though I'm no expert, just what I've heard in past threads.
Other way around. The coolant heats up long before the oil does.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Here are some pictures, I apologize for the delay on these.

How it was when I bought the car:

photo-74.jpg

After deleting the factory fog lights:

photo-121.jpg

photo-120.jpg

photo-119.jpg

photo-118.jpg

I believe that the lights are PIAA 004 series Ion Crystal Driving Lights (PN 73463). I am not certain of this though.

Tractionless1

Established Member
OP,

If you keep breaking fog light housing's/lenses etc. what makes you think you won't puncture an oil cooler in the same location? Boy that'll be fun!

I made it a little more direct ;)
upebu8ah.jpg

e3y4y5y4.jpg

Exactly how does your tie rod mounting location work out when it's swinging back and forth steering the car? I'd think you'd want a solid mount for the air duct hoses with some excess going to the plate for articulation.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Here are some pictures, I apologize for the delay on these.

How it was when I bought the car:

photo-74.jpg

After deleting the factory fog lights:

photo-121.jpg

photo-120.jpg

photo-119.jpg

photo-118.jpg

I believe that the lights are PIAA 004 series Ion Crystal Driving Lights (PN 73463). I am not certain of this though.

I see what you mean by big holes. It doesn't look bad from far away, but a mesh will probably clean it up! Thanks for the pics :beer:

OP,

If you keep breaking fog light housing's/lenses etc. what makes you think you won't puncture an oil cooler in the same location? Boy that'll be fun!

Exactly how does your tie rod mounting location work out when it's swinging back and forth steering the car? I'd think you'd want a solid mount for the air duct hoses with some excess going to the plate for articulation.

Lol! Love the sarcasm ;-) If I run an oil cooler it won't be directly behind the hole, but back a little. Also, like I mentioned earlier in the thread as well as above, I'm probably going to add a screen of some sort for added protection. I was planning on doing it for my HE as well, so I might as well continue it on. While it won't guarantee its safety, I think it will be a pretty good bet that it'll be fine. If it gets a hole, I'll just have to deal with it then sadly.

As far as the brake ducts are concerned, its actually a pretty cool set up (not my idea, I copied it from MANY people). Basically, the only place you don't want it moving is where it would come in contact with the tire. It is zip-tied to those little "skirts" down there and they stay stationary, so that eliminates rub there. When you mount them to the tie-rods all that's happening is that the tube is expanding and contracting as the wheel is turning to the right and to the left, so they are literally not moving other than on the same axes as the tie rods are moving! All is well! Cold air and no rub :beer: Its a pretty cool idea! :rockon:

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I like the looks of mine too much to get rid of them, but then again I don't drive it daily so I have only replaced one

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Still have my fog lights but ran ducting to the alternator on the drivers side. Just a thought since you already have brake ducts and an oil cooler rad sounds like overkill to me. Plus heat build up around the alternator seems to be a major issue on these cars.

That's exactly what i did with my car. Driver side is cooling the alternator and passenger side is to bring some more air in to my K&N FIPK. I don't know what kind of ducting you guys use but mine are black RV sewer lines from walmart.They fit right on and they cost only 10 bucks for 20 ft.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
That's exactly what i did with my car. Driver side is cooling the alternator and passenger side is to bring some more air in to my K&N FIPK. I don't know what kind of ducting you guys use but mine are black RV sewer lines from walmart.They fit right on and they cost only 10 bucks for 20 ft.

Is this what you used?

Camco 39631 Heavy Duty Sewer Hose - Walmart.com

Did you install it to the factory brake cooling opening or to the opening where the fog lights are? What did you use to secure everything? Hose clamps? Zip ties? Thanks!

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Is this what you used?

Camco 39631 Heavy Duty Sewer Hose - Walmart.com

Did you install it to the factory brake cooling opening or to the opening where the fog lights are? What did you use to secure everything? Hose clamps? Zip ties? Thanks!

Yes, that's what i used but the black hose not the brown.The black hose is not as visible from the outside as much as the brown.

I used the factory cooling opening.These hoses fit perfect and very tight.You need to twist them while pushing and after that zip tie them.I used zip ties to secure to the cars frame.
imag0268ac.jpg

imag0280n.jpg

imag0274n.jpg

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
just broke my 6th foglight today on the way home from school. They're gone. Gonna work on a delete tonight.

8eve4edy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread