Followed for no reason. Complained. Following evening pulled over.

Kiohtee

Established Member
:lol:

Sorry I didn't specify. Of course I meant the fat free kind. :shrug:

Looks like zhisel is wanting to take you up on that ride. Better make sure he rides in the cage. He seemed a little too excited. :lol1:

Not I. :shrug:

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
I constantly get followed in a beach town where a number or my friends live just a few towns over from my old house. It wasn't that annoying at first but the town is a peninsula with literally one main road that runs the entire length of the town. My car is up to date with everything and even though the tail lights are slightly tinted and I have a flow flowmaster 40 the car is not loud unless im giving it a generous amount of gas. Apparently there's a jeep that looks very similar to mine that some guy makes drug deals in but you would think after me being pulled over a few times they would figure out the fact that it's not me they should be worried about. I can see how the op would be frustrated but he dug his own grave calling in to complain. I just try to be cordial and they usually let me go within a few minutes after running my info.

The only time I gave one of the officers a hard time was when he stayed RIGHT on my ass for about a mile before I pulled over to let him pass. Instead he pulled right over behind me and tossed his lights on. I was already late to pick my buddy up and in a pretty bad mood after 10 hours of roofing so I gave the officer a little lip and he ended up apologizing after I explained to him I constantly get followed for no obvious reason. Turned out to be a really cool guy, probably mid 20s and we chatted about his 7.3 turbo diesel for a few before he sent me on my way. I've found that if you act calmly and politely things generally end up a lot better for you in the long run

95PGTTech

Established Member
Why would you even think otherwise though? I'm a 19 year old know-it-all prick and even I know you were wrong.

Something illegal ALWAYS gives the cop permission to follow you.

I forgot that the sticker was on the plate for a minute and it was more than just a paper in your glovebox. Something like an expired registration card, or having no registration card on you. That would not be probably cause for a pull over, since the cop can't mind-read.

@You and ModularFan: READ!

Guy states what he believes to be true.
Expert in field corrects him.
Guy says, oh my bad, you're right.
Tough guys come in and proceed to correct him.
Man, you guys are bad ass.

@Modular: since I don't have an expired registration, and since I haven't updated my profile and have since moved back to Central NJ, I don't see it being a problem. Though every run in with Falls Twp Police I had during my time there they were respectful and easy to deal with and showed a lot of leniency for a particular Cobra that didn't have much emissions equipment on it. Maybe it helped that I had my PBA stickers on the car, maybe it helped that they knew I worked local, maybe it helped that I always showed my state inspection and emissions license, or maybe I just caught them always on nice days.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
This reminds me a lot about people to call in about people speeding through their neighborhood. Then you work enforcement in the neighborhood and ticket them for speeding and they get all pissy.....

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I wish they would visit my neighborhood more often. People speed like crazy. Sad when you have the fastest vehicles in the block but for some reason the chevy cavalier or a mini van thinks it's okay to do 40-45mph in a neighborhood that has kids.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
This reminds me a lot about people to call in about people speeding through their neighborhood. Then you work enforcement in the neighborhood and ticket them for speeding and they get all pissy.....

Of course. Breaking the law is a no-no as long as you're not the one doing it, right?

This isn't smackdown so I'll keep this as clean as possible. OP, you screwed up twice here. #1, you called the reported the cops to the cops for supposedly harassing you and they didn't even pull you over the first time. I've been stalked like that numerous times, they're just doing their job. If you live in a small town with a few cops where everyone knows everyone, that was epically stupid.

#2, how can you complain about harassment and getting your car towed when you were driving an unregistered car? Here's a tip, don't give them a reason to harass you and they usually won't. It's not rocket science, you were in the wrong here twice.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm just trying to help you out buddy. :beer: :lol1:

You've got me confused with someone else I think. I never said anything about X can't be done by a cop/I wanna ride. :coolman:

But I'll be more than happy to take a ride with an LEO, as long as I'm not in cuffs/behind the cage.

Users who are viewing this thread