Footwell lighting mod...

Shaunmac9128

Established Member
They come on new mustangs, and a lot of nicer new cars have more interior lights like this, I don't consider that rice.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Did mine last night and it came out great. Very subtle as I used an 8 LED strip on each side of white. Looks stock and the way it should have come from the factory, I can see inside now!!!

Cobrakai04

Established Member
also have mine spliced into my foglights. Looks really good, and I can turn them on or off with the push of a button! :rockon:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
also have mine spliced into my foglights. Looks really good, and I can turn them on or off with the push of a button! :rockon:

We can turn ours ON and OFF with a simple left click or right click turn of the headlight switch :rockon:

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
I was thinking, why splice into both wires in the a-pillar, you could just grab the power and ground the wire under the dash, this way you only splice into one of your factory wires.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I was thinking, why splice into both wires in the a-pillar, you could just grab the power and ground the wire under the dash, this way you only splice into one of your factory wires.

Or better yet, just by a fuse tap for the fuse block, and put that on the interior lighting circuit. That way, no wires need to be cut, or spliced at all. I did it that way on my wife's CRV, and it looks very sweet (and OEM looking) in blue. On my 10th, I will obviously do the red to keep with the interior theme.

408bluedog

Established Member
no offence to anyone here but i cant help but to think of the fast and the furiouse when i see this mod. does it look bad? no. but still i couldnt do it to my cobra.

Tractionless1

Established Member
If you do it with subtle white light, like I did it looks stock. So much so I can't take a pic. and have it show up. I agree with you blue, green, etc. = F&F.

Cobrakai04

Established Member
^ I agree. I got the white and it matches my other led interior lights. I dont think its rice at all. It looks like it could have come stock.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
FYI guys, the 2008-2009 Mustang interior footwell lighting kit runs $315 at full retail...unless they can find the right wiring to tap into. (2010+ Mustangs come with it from the factory)

Example:

Ford Parts Direct | Ford Car Accessories | Mustang

8S4Z-13E700-AA_lg.jpg

I guess you gotta be glad that this mod only costs us $20 or less

:D

Tractionless1

Established Member
^^ Just someone making a $295 profit, not to mention that's the F&F look. A shop manual will show which wires to connect to for the '08-'09 just as easily as ours. They too can have the mod. for $20!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I did it, looks nice. I did a white LED light thats not overly bright. I also put one on the bottom of the Mach system in the trunk to light that up. I've never been told it's stupid. I think as long as it's white, it's fine.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Just did this mod after riding around with the lights sitting in my trunk for months. It looks awesome on my torch red 10th anniversary convertable. In the short time I was working on the Cobra I had 4 different people walk up to see what I was doing. They all thought it looked nice, one neighbor wants to pay me to do it to his Mazda CX-7.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
I didn't do the footwell light mod yet but i used the same lights to do the handles:
They are tied in to the same spot at the pillar and i like the fact that they come on/off when i unlock/lock with the remote.

img0015v.jpg

img0016sj.jpg

Spoolx

Established Member
I think I am gonna do this tomorrow, did anyone know what fuse to tap into with an add-a-fuse? Would rather not tamper with the wiring if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread