For Sale: Built 2004 Competition Orange Cobra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
For those interested that plan to go through a bank for financing, I'll let you know in advance the loan value isn't much over $20k due to the age of the car. That said... No i will not come down to the amount your bank is willing to loan. The bank doesn't take into consideration the value of the mods or the fact that it's 1 of 281 in this color. If they did, they'd surely loan more. The car would have been sold numerous times now if the interested parties could get a loan for my full asking price.

The interest in the car has grown quite a bit since Monday. Several people have set up appointments to come take a look at it. I imagine the car will be headed to its new home with a happy buyer very soon but until then... she's still available. :)

Last edited:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I had a couple people come look at the car last night who are working on getting finances in order to make a move on it now. I also have a couple people scheduled to come look at it this next week from outta town so it looks like she's getting pretty close to finding herself a new home.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Just took this thing for a drive. For a short while there since its just been sitting in the garage, I forgot how fun she is! Lol car pulls HARD! The 2.2 is a torquey little screamer. :)

itSSlow98

Established Member
Just took this thing for a drive. For a short while there since its just been sitting in the garage, I forgot how fun she is! Lol car pulls HARD! The 2.2 is a torquey little screamer. :)

Ship it to Maryland and I'll sell it for you lol

04Cobra03

Established Member
Very nice car. If you find someone who likes it enough to pay over book value for it, that will be the only way you will sell it. Ask anyone, any money put into a car, especially for mods, is what the economics world calls "sunk costs" you could gold plate the entire car, but the only recognized value from a non cash buyer is what the vin says it is. 60k miles is high for the body no matter how new the drivetrain is. Especially putting it up against 20-30k miles cars in asking price. My Bullitt is completely new from radiator to rear end, yet with the body at 140k, can't be financed any higher than what it is.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Very nice car. If you find someone who likes it enough to pay over book value for it, that will be the only way you will sell it. Ask anyone, any money put into a car, especially for mods, is what the economics world calls "sunk costs" you could gold plate the entire car, but the only recognized value from a non cash buyer is what the vin says it is. 60k miles is high for the body no matter how new the drivetrain is. Especially putting it up against 20-30k miles cars in asking price. My Bullitt is completely new from radiator to rear end, yet with the body at 140k, can't be financed any higher than what it is.

Are you high? It's an 04 comp orange built cobra. Not a 140k mile bullitt that is a 2v with a cool intake. His price is right on. I'm also fairly sure he's not in a position financially that he needs to drop it to $10k to get out of it.

itSSlow98

Established Member

Omg no way!!! Ops a newb who has never sold a car before. I'd def offer him 12k for the car since it's high mileage at 60k. Lord knows 6k miles a year is driving the hell out of it.

04Cobra03

Established Member
Hehe you guy are funny. I never said the Bullitt is worth any number. I merely said it's not worth what has been put into it. Oh btw,I've sold several cars including 2 stangs in the last month, and Newby by posts perhaps, but I've been on here for years

Last edited:

99SVTMonster

Established Member
Wow. Beautiful car, especially on those ccw. But I have to agree, it's a bit overpriced, especially without the wheels.... GLWS

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Are you high? It's an 04 comp orange built cobra. Not a 140k mile bullitt that is a 2v with a cool intake. His price is right on. I'm also fairly sure he's not in a position financially that he needs to drop it to $10k to get out of it.
This Cobra is worth a lucky $20-23k. It's not original and xsellr9 is right. You don't get a ROI on aftermarket parts. For a "low miles" buyer 60k is pretty high. I bought my MINT 04 whipple Cobra a year ago for $22k with 39K miles. Its just as rare at 299 made. I went through the whole bank thing and $22k was like 108% of what the car was worth and that was all they would loan. That's with my perfect credit history too. The seller in this case has gotten multiple REAL MARKET offers which prove the true market value compared to his fantasy land unrealistic asking price. For $26k people can find a lot better Cobras and they will (which is why his hasn't and won't sell for that price unless someone is willing to pay way more than they should). At the end of the day the car is worth low 20s. The seller has the right to ignore reality and keep hoping someone will buy, but the true market value has already been expressed.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Hehe you guy are funny. I never said the Bullitt is worth any number. I merely said it's not worth what has been put into it. Oh btw,I've sold several cars including 2 stangs in the last month, and Newby by posts perhaps, but I've been on here for years

86954E25-DEE3-46CD-91F5-1D42C129353B-7629-00000B1805340C36_zps7eb9355f.jpg

Hatas gonna hate

Even as a holy Terminator owner I'll admit it will be hard to see top dollar on Cobras with 2011 5.0s depreciating. GLWS OP. you'll need a miracle to get $26k

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
This Cobra is worth a lucky $20-23k. It's not original and xsellr9 is right. You don't get a ROI on aftermarket parts. For a "low miles" buyer 60k is pretty high. I bought my MINT 04 whipple Cobra a year ago for $22k with 39K miles. Its just as rare at 299 made. I went through the whole bank thing and $22k was like 108% of what the car was worth and that was all they would loan. That's with my perfect credit history too. The seller in this case has gotten multiple REAL MARKET offers which prove the true market value compared to his fantasy land unrealistic asking price. For $26k people can find a lot better Cobras and they will (which is why his hasn't and won't sell for that price unless someone is willing to pay way more than they should). At the end of the day the car is worth low 20s. The seller has the right to ignore reality and keep hoping someone will buy, but the true market value has already been expressed.

So now screaming yellow is just as sought after as comp orange because of how many were built. Interesting.

04Cobra03

Established Member
This is why my post count is so low on this forum. You disagree with something (even being completely valid) and you get jumped on like a pound of ground beef placed out among starving wild wolfs by members like itsslow98. Immature... Truly childish. You don't know me or anything about me, so you can STFU. You give SVTP a bad name

Beautiful CO termi. I am in the market and looking, but too over priced.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
This is why my post count is so low on this forum. You disagree with something (even being completely valid) and you get jumped on like a pound of ground beef placed out among starving wild wolfs by members like itsslow98. Immature... Truly childish. You don't know me or anything about me, so you can STFU. You give SVTP a bad name

Beautiful CO termi. I am in the market and looking, but too over priced.

Lol I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings enough to make you dwell on it for an hour just to come back in and cry about it. Don't like the price make an offer or move along. Don't downplay a solid car because you don't wanna pay asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread