For those looking for MP Idler Brackets.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Just by that image alone tells me there should only be a 90mm on the driver's side. That belt looks to be way to close with the 100mm.
Seems 2 90's and a 100 are the way to go.

The smallest upper I'll be running with the Whipple is a 3.20" with a 3.375" pulling duty for DD. This opens up some clearance for the 100mm on the driver side. Sorry I didn't clarify earlier. After thinking it over I'll probably run the OEM idlers for a while... belt slip with the Whipple isn't a common problem to begin with (especially with the larger S/C pulleys) and the MP bracket alone should quell any belt slip in the event it were to occur.

Last edited:

boost_freak

Whipple Powered
Established Member
Just by that image alone tells me there should only be a 90mm on the driver's side. That belt looks to be way to close with the 100mm.

Seems 2 90's and a 100 are the way to go.

100 90

why? you want as much wrap as possible. is it necessary? no, but neither are expensive billet idlers. it isn't too close and like I said I think it will work with a 2.80 upper also which I plan to try out soon.

kirst8404

Been Their Done That
Established Member
My bracket just came, now time to buy a case of beer and spend some quality time with my Sears buffer.

Take some before and after pics. I was going to originally powdercoat the bracket, but polished is also an option. Polished might look better than a gloss black powdercoat. Do you plan on coating it with something after polishing it?

Can you give me a quick run down on the polishing procedure?

Thanks

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
correct length belt and 3 90mm and I never had an issue with belt slip at all

Reichard Lipped idlers are 90mm

Thanks, that's the info I needed. Gonna just wait and buy 3 lipped 90's from Reichard down the road.

Take some before and after pics. I was going to originally powdercoat the bracket, but polished is also an option. Polished might look better than a gloss black powdercoat. Do you plan on coating it with something after polishing it?

Can you give me a quick run down on the polishing procedure?

Yes, will take pics. Polishing always looks better than anything else, it's the extra work that it takes to maintain that people don't like. That's when Heavy Metal polish comes into play.

http://www.heavymetalpolish.com/

No coating on the finished polished part, just a wipe down with Heavy Metal polish every month will keep it looking good.

Here the quick procedure:

- Scotchbrite the hell out of the flat areas with medium to fine pads. I have a compressor and grinder that makes this easy.

- Use greaseless compound on a 3" buff to get to the harder to reach areas. Starting with the 80 compound and working down to the 320 grit.

- Wetsand the part starting with 400 and ending with 2000 (800, 1000, 1500).

- Lastly using my 6" Sears buffer and a loose buff, apply Mothers to the sanded part and buff out. I have found this to be the best way to get the part to be totally smooth. Using emery or rouge with a sewn buff just causes the metal to smear and become wavy.

This should take you a good week and a case of beer. If your married like me, it's quality time thou.

Last edited:

kirst8404

Been Their Done That
Established Member
Thats what I wanted to know. I didnt get the bracket yet, so I want sure how much work it would be to finish it this way. Are their any casting marks or pitting in the bracket?

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Are we supposed to get an e-mail when they are shipped ?I haven't recieved mine yet or gotten an e-mail.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
if there is a GB I do believe ill do 3 90mm units.
hell if Amazon would do the GB id also pick up one of their new blower pullies...which ive been meaning to do anyways

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I would not get a black anodized idler pulley if it is not hard coated..silver yes..black ..no way.. I've seen too many colored anodized idler pulleys with belt groove scratches and anodizing worn off..

we have double bearing idler pulleys in the works that will match our blower pulleys.. I'll check to see what the ETA to market for them is going to be..

kirst8404

Been Their Done That
Established Member
I would not get a black anodized idler pulley if it is not hard coated..silver yes..black ..no way.. I've seen too many colored anodized idler pulleys with belt groove scratches and anodizing worn off..

we have double bearing idler pulleys in the works that will match our blower pulleys.. I'll check to see what the ETA to market for them is going to be..

I would definity be interested in a blower pully that match's the Idlers.

I'm in for 3 Idlers and a matching blower pully.

Linn, can you provide us with a GP deal with Blower Pullies and Idlers? On NLOC and Here their are about 8-10 people waiting for a good deal on Idlers. If each person is in for 2-3 Idlers and a few people are into matching blower pullies, then we can sell about 16-25 Idlers and a few Uppers.

How bout it?

Josh

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Anyone else NOT get their MP Bracket yet? I just got back from 60 days on the road and over 7000 miles in my Lightning and the people who were picking up my mail said nothing arrived.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread