? for Twin Screw Crowd

san6279

Established Member
Was just curious if there was any difference in drivability or feel (not power) for normal, everyday driving. I think I read somewhere that one reason mfrs go with roots is the lower parasitic losses in everyday driving...I'm assuming this means for DD the roots car may feel more NA than twin screws, i.e. you really don't even know the roots is there until you get on it. Same/different for twin screws?

Anyway, just curious what the experiences are for those that have made the switch.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have the FR750 Whipple 2.9 and you'd never know you have that much power during normal driving. I notice a different sound coming from under the hood, but normal driving is totally unchanged. That is until you hammer the throttle - then hold on!

I also noticed my hwy mileage was 23-24 with the AC off on a nice little drive I did recently.

It's allllllll good.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have the FRPP/Whipple 750hp kit as well (725 for my year though) and I'll mirror Goose's experiences. Drives like Grandma's Buick around town. You'd honestly never know any changes were made. Mash the throttle however and you better be giving the car your complete and undivided attention. The world spins on its axis much quicker when you do.

It really is that good. They key is the tune.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Twin screw compresses the air in the case and roots within the engine intake. Both are positive displacement blowers. TS just more efficient up top. Roots are cheaper to produce and keep costs down for high production. Super Snake comes with TS. All drive like stock until you turn them loose. No lag and instant boost

Users who are viewing this thread