For you Football fans... Adrian Peterson at his finest

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
I think one of the funniest things I've ever heard was two weeks ago when we were playing the bears and he stiff armed a guy so hard the the announcer called it "the Adrian Peterson stiff arm from hell" :D he knocked the guy right on his ass.

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Amazing pic!!! The calm before the storm

Picture I took of AP when he played against the Skins this Fall, edited of course.....

Peterson2_zps52fef08f.gif

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Agreed, his stiff arm is ridiculous!

I think one of the funniest things I've ever heard was two weeks ago when we were playing the bears and he stiff armed a guy so hard the the announcer called it "the Adrian Peterson stiff arm from hell" :D he knocked the guy right on his ass.

semperfimrn1

Established Member
he's such a beast. i really hope he breaks the record

i saw an interview that he is super strong and his hand shake is no joke lol

20redfire03

Established Member
I'm a Packers fan and I can't even hate on AP. The MVP race is going to come down to him and Peyton and given the leagues love of QBs Peyton will probably win and also win comeback of player of year. I'd have to give AP MVP though as at least Peyton has some help in Denver. Hopefully he gets most of his needed yards vs the Texans as I don't want to see him burn the Packers to bad.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Many thanks for the post from a rabid Vikings fan. You pretty much run out of words to describe how awesome that guy is.

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
I'm a Packers fan and I can't even hate on AP. The MVP race is going to come down to him and Peyton and given the leagues love of QBs Peyton will probably win and also win comeback of player of year. I'd have to give AP MVP though as at least Peyton has some help in Denver. Hopefully he gets most of his needed yards vs the Texans as I don't want to see him burn the Packers to bad.

If they give Manning the comeback player of the year they're a bunch of ass clowns, don't get me wrong I like Peyton and he's a hell of a player, but Peterson's knee was facing the wrong freaking way. Their injuries aren't even close. I understand him not getting the MVP since odds are we won't even make the playoffs since we have to play the Texans and the Pack in our remaining two games.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I'm obviously biased, but I think Adrian deserves the MVP as much if not more than Manning even if they don't make the playoffs. Manning came along and made an already playoff team better. Adrian is carrying that offense by himself even though every team knows, and we make no attempt to hide, that he's all we have.

This takes nothing away from Manning, he's having an awesome year especially coming back from his neck issues. Damn tough year to vote these awards for sure

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
But what if JJ Watt breaks Strahan's record? Along with that..most deflected passes and most tackles for a loss. That's more than just defensive player of the year..

65fastback2+2

Established Member
meh

theres been plenty of great RB's play at that level and do it for decade+ long careers....back when you could hit people harder too

Gotta love a butthurt packer fan haha. Don't worry you guys still have the better team, we just have the best Rb in the last decade, if not ever.

Best RB in the last decade sure. No question there.

But there's still so much to do before we talk about ever. lol

How about Jim Brown who played 9 seasons and averaged 1368yds each year. He averaged 5.2 yds a carry for his career. And before we talk about AP's avg per carry this year know that JB averaged 6.4 yds a carry back in '63.

Payton had 16,727yds rushing over 13 years. Which is an average of 1287 per year.

Emmit Smith had 18,355yds rushing over 15 years. Which is an average of 1224 per year.

And there is the GREAT Barry Sanders. His numbers are just stupid no matter what era you look at. Firts of all you are talking about a guy who was only 5'8 and 203lbs. :lol:

And what did Barry do? 15,269yds in 10 years! He averaged 1,527 yards per year. The fact that he did this in the modern era puts him on a pedestal. I'm partial to Payton because I'm a Bears fan.

What is even more disturbing is that Sanders retired overa contract squabble with those fools in DET and who knows how much yardage he would have tagged on.

So while AP is pretty amazing...he has a ways to go to even meet the standards of the greats.

Users who are viewing this thread