For you Football fans... Adrian Peterson at his finest

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Agreed, AP has got a long way to go before we can even consider him to be the GOAT because being the greatest entails having a long injury free career while putting down staggering #'s. AP up to this point is averaging 1427 yards per season and that will only go up because he has 2 games remaining this season. This also includes an injury shortened season last year where he only finished with 970 yards.

Barring anymore serious injuries, I fully expect AP to go down as one of the top RB's of all time if not the greatest. He's nearly as agile as Barry Sanders (I said nearly ;-)), he has the speed to outrun DB's, and plows over would be tacklers a la Bo Jackson.

Agreed, AP has got a long way to go before we can even consider him to be the GOAT because being the greatest entails having a long injury free career while putting down staggering #'s. AP up to this point is averaging 1427 yards per season and that will only go up because he has 2 games remaining this season. This also includes an injury shortened season last year where he only finished with 970 yards.

Barring anymore serious injuries, I fully expect AP to go down as one of the top RB's of all time if not the greatest. He's nearly as agile as Barry Sanders (I said nearly ;-)), he has the speed to outrun DB's, and plows over would be tacklers a la Bo Jackson.

He still only has 8,564 yds and will turn 28 next year. AP is having a tremendous season coming off a serious injury.

But get back to us when he passes 16,000...

Ultimately, his running style will keep him from reaching that mark. You simply can't last that long with his running style.

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Unforunately I may have to agree with you on this one. Adrian does not know the meaning of going out of bounds without throwing a blow. Maybe with age he will be more careful in regards to where and when to pick his battles.

He still only has 8,564 yds and will turn 28 next year. AP is having a tremendous season coming off a serious injury.

But get back to us when he passes 16,000...

Ultimately, his running style will keep him from reaching that mark. You simply can't last that long with his running style.

Unforunately I may have to agree with you on this one. Adrian does not know the meaning of going out of bounds without throwing a blow. Maybe with age he will be more careful in regards to where and when to pick his battles.

Regardless of the stats of the top 5 rushers in history, I think AP has already established himself as one of the greatest of all time. He is disturbingly good and just a fierce runner. He's one of those backs that comes around once every 20 years. I'm actually quite jealous he ended up in MIN. :beer: To think you guys also had Robert Smith (very underrated) and Keith Millard, Chris Doleman, John Randle and of course the great Randy Moss. Pretty amazing actually.

I'm obviously biased, but I think Adrian deserves the MVP as much if not more than Manning even if they don't make the playoffs. Manning came along and made an already playoff team better. Adrian is carrying that offense by himself even though every team knows, and we make no attempt to hide, that he's all we have.

This takes nothing away from Manning, he's having an awesome year especially coming back from his neck issues. Damn tough year to vote these awards for sure

Tough call. I think AP should get the MVP just based on what he's done coming off an ACL injury but boy is it hard not to give Manning the trophy coming off a year out of football and just playing like a straight up pimp. Got to give it to the guy taking his team to the playoffs. Any other season and its AP hands down.

MNCobra

Established Member
great video and great music....havent been able to watch the queens since living in the Philippines and i am always surprised to see out of state huge fans...i hope AP breaks the record so he has something to remember this season since the Vikings are not going to get far in the play offs...the video makes you feel the vikings are a better team then they are...sad thing is i am pretty sure once his contract is up he will be gone...we need some stronger players in QB and WR and other areas before we get back to the purple people eaters of years past...good luck AP stay healthy and kick ass on that record...cheers

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a Bears fan and I love the way that guy plays; what he's doing this year is incredible. I hope he breaks Dickerson's record.

I will be very surprised if he doesn't. After the injury he suffered last year, what he is doing this year after rehab is nothing short of amazing. IMO he is this year's MVP, ahead of Peyton Manning (another amazing comeback story), Andrew Luck and RG3. :rockon:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Gotta love a butthurt packer fan haha. Don't worry you guys still have the better team, we just have the best Rb in the last decade, if not ever.

:nonono:

Do you mean the 13X World Champion Green Bay Packers?

Just stating a fact.

(BTW: Keep the dream alive, go "0" for five!)

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
:nonono:

Do you mean the 13X World Champion Green Bay Packers?

Just stating a fact.

(BTW: Keep the dream alive, go "0" for five!)

Did I not say you have the better team? Pretty sure I did numb nuts. Remember when Brett Favre came back and played for the Vikes? That was funny.

Dusten

Established Member
Huge fan of AP and the vikings. I got the chance to shake his hand last season. Watching him during Warm ups is insane, the man never slows down. Managed to get his autograph while I Was there.
IMAG0211.jpg

228874_588862403306_6768225_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread