FORD Allows Shelby Re-Sell with No Disclosure of Prior BuyBack

05GTOguy

Established Member
whoa this is crazy. What was wrong with the car before, they make it sound like it's been perfect since coming from the factory.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Count me in as well. What was your situation? Is another GT500 on order from you? How did they screw/lie to you??

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
The engine in this vehicle runs like a top. Our technicians found no electrical problems. There are no reported manufacturer defects on this vehicle.

scum bags

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
I'am not trying to be a prick here, but why the hell would you get another Shelby after you just went through all this???? I personally would steer far away from Ford Motor Co.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I have been involved in a Lemon suit, and I would just like to say that if other routes had been taken, you might not had to 'eat' any cash out. Also, they LEGALLY have to disclose buy back. If someone buys that car, and is not disclosed the buyback history, they are going to have one hell of a nice pay check from the dealership......AND ford.

Sorry about your troubles. I have been there, done that. Hope the new GT500 is a better experience.

BTW - a 'buyback/lemon' car also must (legally) have a sticker on the inner door jam (dvr) side, that states that car was indeed a lemon. JUST another FYI.

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
I tried to send a message to the only bidder on e-bay, but it keeps kicking it back to me because I have no interest in his purchase or previous sells. My friend had a lemon law VW GTI. He ended up with a new car and $3000.00 for pain and suffering. He works for Autobytel and used there lawyers. Good Luck!!!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
GT500Convert said:
The only possible way to recoup my money was to get another car. FORD thinks the dealer refunded all I had into car but the flat out LIED! Just like they are on the ebay listing.

I could have got my money back and then some to sell it to some poor sap but decided the best for all was to let FORD take it back to plant which I was lead to believe happened.

I already have a Shelby Coupe and it was great with no issues. My goal/dream was to have both a Coupe and Convert Shelby... it came true for about 3 wks. Then turned into a nightmare that has not ended....

I am simply not willing to take a bath on THOUSANDS of dollars because of this dealer and FORD by only getting a partial refund of what I actually had into car.

To have FORD allow this dealer to sell this car without FULL disclosure is just wrong. They REFUSED to knock a penny off of deal or made it a little sweeter than THOUSANDS over MSRP or i may have kept it. At least something in writing where 20yrs from now I had something to show it was the way it was built.

I was trying to be civil and to keep my mouth shut but this ebay sale sent me off the deep end.

I think you would be surprised at how little FMC may know about this. It is the dealership trying to pas it off.....they do it all the time with buybacks. That is why the 'sticker' and disclosure statement (which legally must be on the car, next to the warranty and sticker price) are required by law. This dealership did you no favors, and is trying to lie to the future customer. I wish you would have gone the legal route. That would have really made the dealerhsip be humble on reselling this, and happily refunding your money. But that is my advice, and on a subject I dont' know much about.

BTW - I tried to report it to ebay, but I could only find the pre-determined reasons for a reporting. Nothign that would allow a 'statement with the link to here'. You can get with them on live chat on Monday.

jleews6

Established Member
This sucks and im sorry to hear that you got screwed like this. I went through something like this when I bought my 03 cobra. I bought a brand new car with 30 miles on it and when I got it home I parked it for three weeks because I was real busy with work. Then when I went to wash it for the first time I noticed some overspray.Then I noticed the tires were not F1s, Then I noticed tape marks on the paint.
Thats when I lost it and drove it back to the dealer. they told me "we are sorry there is nothing we can do for you":cuss:
Long story short was that they were getting me a new car and they were paying my sales tax and they didnt know it yet LOL.
After I got my new Cobra (another POS) my old one was back on the lot for 35 grand.
When I called the dealer they said that it only had 400 miles on it and the guy that bought it (me) changed his mind.

I later found out that the car was a recoverd theft.:rollseyes

Now I cant wait to get my new camaro.:-D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
it sounds to me as if ford is trying to do the right thing with making sure the dealer settles all you have invested in this auto. and the dealer is the one that lied to you about the car, to ford about actually taking care of its customer, and to the future owner of this car without disclosing past issues.

is this right, or do you have proof that ford is the one giving the dealer the go ahead to resale the without discloser. after all if the dealer sells the car back to ford, the dealer would only recoup the invoice price of the car and lose your 5k + the amount over invoice they sell car for to the next buyer.

i feel the dealer is mostly at fault for the entire debacle!:nonono:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You need a lawyer to sort this out for you while the kettle is still hot.

-Jeff

pvteye

Established Member
as I read it, he did not pay 5K over sticker to the dealer, he bought a PL Option for 5K from an individual..(dealers were supposedly precluded by SVT from buying Power Leases to increase allocation ) . the dealer has no part in that transaction.
If the dealer is making him whole, on the price they got from him for the car, then the dealer is doing right by him, however reselling a buy back without disclosing it as such is wrong, and illegal in many if not all states.

Users who are viewing this thread