FORD Allows Shelby Re-Sell with No Disclosure of Prior BuyBack

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
The real pisser will be if the Dealer ends up making a bunch of money on the re-sale of the vehicle if they find some sucker to pay the huge markup.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
drmustang said:
A certified letter letter from a lawyer will get their attention and likely change their attitude in short order.

No it won't. My case went FOUR years with the attorney. It nearly went to court. the accused attorney's are banking on people dropping the suit. They will take their chacnes with the courts. A letter does nothing outside of tellign the dealership that the consumor was not lying about seeking counsel...that is all. The funny thing is....when I first approached the dealership, I asked them to take the car back and give me one at equal value. THe car I bought was a previous buy back from Ford. That is how I know about what has to be disclosed to buy back purchaser's. The dealership said no....well they learned their lesson the hard way.

drmustang

Banned
ponygt65 said:
No it won't. My case went FOUR years with the attorney. It nearly went to court. the accused attorney's are banking on people dropping the suit. They will take their chacnes with the courts. A letter does nothing outside of tellign the dealership that the consumor was not lying about seeking counsel...that is all. The funny thing is....when I first approached the dealership, I asked them to take the car back and give me one at equal value. THe car I bought was a previous buy back from Ford. That is how I know about what has to be disclosed to buy back purchaser's. The dealership said no....well they learned their lesson the hard way.

Sorry your case was so difficult to resolve.

I've settled two matters with nothing more than a single letter from an attorney, one with a real estate broker and another with a travel agency.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
Mall of Georgia Ford has been bidding and buying GT500s on ebay from other Ford dealers, then putting them back on ebay for resales. Perhaps they'll be the lucky winner on this one.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
drmustang said:
Sorry your case was so difficult to resolve.

I've settled two matters with nothing more than a single letter from an attorney, one with a real estate broker and another with a travel agency.
I have heard of people being able to get things accomplished, by just having an attorney assist......however, I have never heard of that in automotive, and I have helped a few people out.

Maybe it depends on the industry and the number of $$ the 'accused' has or is/isn't willing to spend. :shrug:

:beer:

03snakerush

Established Member
I'm glad I just bought a 2007 Corvette for $4850.00 UNDER invoice. Both the sales manager and the salesman have called after 2 weeks to make sure EVERYTHING is ok with the the car......Ford? You listening? F*cking doubt it..

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
03snakerush said:
I'm glad I just bought a 2007 Corvette for $4850.00 UNDER invoice. Both the sales manager and the salesman have called after 2 weeks to make sure EVERYTHING is ok with the the car......Ford? You listening? F*cking doubt it..
:lol:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03snakerush said:

all depends on the dealer. i have had that same response from the small ford dealers i have worked with. and i have also heard of a small chevy dealer selling thier first c6 z06 for msrp in dec 05.

this is why i mainly deal with small dealerships, that know treat everyone with a personal feel.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
GT500Convert said:
... a laundry list of factory defects...

I assume some of the defects were visible, others noticed while driving the vehicle. Did you take time to perform a thorough inspection and test drive and if so, why did you take delivery, or was it a sign and drive?

SteveEvo8

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
all depends on the dealer. i have had that same response from the small ford dealers i have worked with. and i have also heard of a small chevy dealer selling thier first c6 z06 for msrp in dec 05.

this is why i mainly deal with small dealerships, that know treat everyone with a personal feel.

Amen to that. If you spend the time to do the research and get to know the dealers, you will definitely find yourself a better deal.

Steve

SteveEvo8

Established Member
I am sorry this happened to you bro. I hope everything gets resolved. Good luck and i'll keep checking in on this thread.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Thats awesome you got more GT500's on order. If you want man i can drive one for you. You don't have to pay me or anything :D :D :pepper: :pepper:

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
sounds like a cluster ****. the dealer should have never let you pick up your car at the rail head. im sure you wouldnt let them though

Users who are viewing this thread