Ford finally listening: 2021 Raptor to have GT500 motor

kaz109

Established Member
Again, I’m willing to bet that the 90% of the raptor sales have nothing to do with fords intended use of off roading. The majority of people don’t have access to trails and desert runs. The area I live in has extremely popular and rough atv trails that nobody is destroying a $70k truck or rubicon on for that matter. It’s a very small percent of people that can enjoy Moab or rock trails. Much like the vast majority of gt350r and Gt3rs owners have never even been to a race track.

That same logic could be used with anything .......that doesn't mean you change the purpose for which the vehicle is built for. You are asking a manufacturer to make something that is not a top priority to the success of this segment a top priority.

What you are saying is like someone buying a gt3rs ,taking it to the dragstrip and being mad it doesn't run demon 1/4mi times . So you RIP Porsche saying it needs to make more power and a manual transmission.

For what ppl like you are describing want Ford already has a SC 750hp V8 in its stable. This was a move of desperation from ram as all they did was match the out going raptor specs and added a V8 and charged a premium for it. It's a great truck don't get me wrong , I just expected it to kill the Gen 2 not match it. But time will tell, maybe I'm wrong

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
A. Ford will refuse to compete toe to toe with Dodge

B. Ford has nothing to compete with Dodge

Ford has no reason to match Ram, ford sells as many raptors as they can build, with little to no discounts and no finance deals.

and as others have mentioned, adding weight to the front end doesn’t make for a well handling truck.

the eco boost, while smaller and less hp, prob gives the raptor a much better weight distribution than most of its (few) competitors.

csc427

Established Member
That same logic could be used with anything .......that doesn't mean you change the purpose for which the vehicle is built for. You are asking a manufacturer to make something that is not a top priority to the success of this segment a top priority.

What you are saying is like someone buying a gt3rs ,taking it to the dragstrip and being mad it doesn't run demon 1/4mi times . So you RIP Porsche saying it needs to make more power and a manual transmission.

For what ppl like you are describing want Ford already has a SC 750hp V8 in its stable. This was a move of desperation from ram as all they did was match the out going raptor specs and added a V8 and charged a premium for it. It's a great truck don't get me wrong , I just expected it to kill the Gen 2 not match it. But time will tell, maybe I'm wrong
Everyone’s ideal power I different. Why did they increase the power over a base ecoboost motor? Would you have been just as pleased with your raptor if it had a turbo 4 making 225hp and 475ftlbs? Would still be able to tow the same. Still off road the same. I’m guessing no. So if a person is used to having a vehicle that is exciting when driven on the highway, why is that bad? I can’t understand why you are so against this idea? It won’t make the truck any less capable off road and more enjoyable everywhere else. No?

blk02edge

Established Member
For everyone saying it’s not happening, do you think that

A. Ford will refuse to compete toe to toe with Dodge

A. Yes absolutely

B. Ford has nothing to compete with Dodge
No, but that engine was from a previous management era.

Why would Ford put a 700+HP engine in the Raptor when 2 TRX threads on SVTP are full of "700hp is way too much for offroad" and "700hp offroad is a good way to end up in a curled up chunk of metal" comments?

SVTP has spoken!
It was mostly me saying that, but likely, especially on here the point is lost. My point behind saying that isn't out of EcoBoost positivity or anti V8 reasoning (I truly couldn't care less what engine is in it at long as it does the intended task... It's still just a truck). the point was that to actually compete with and beat the Raptor you need to do more than just slap big power in it because for horsepower to actually achieve something outside of the drag racing world you need the suspension/brakes to go with it (same with road course cars). The TRX does not and that's just a fact.

"People don't care, they just want a big V8 and 99% will see street."- great, nothing wrong with that but when it's entirely those people who are arguing the specs and capabilities I can't help but just laugh at you.

csc427

Established Member

And no it’s not liking taking a Gt3rs to the strip and complaining about it. It runs 10s in quarter bone stock. Lol. And I wouldn’t complain if porsche gave the Gt3rs another 100 hp. Lol

stang910

Established Member

Attachments

• 46D5289A-9BDA-4609-BFDB-ACF95557D25F.jpeg
    46D5289A-9BDA-4609-BFDB-ACF95557D25F.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 133

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Last Week I decided to keep my 18 F150 with 12K miles with around 7K in upgrades and get a Shelby GT350. Installed a $2100 lift last week because I'm keeping it. No more work on the GT because she will be history. This Week this comes out...and I'm back to the drawing board...lol.

john11gt

Established Member
Ford has no reason to match Ram, ford sells as many raptors as they can build, with little to no discounts and no finance deals.

and as others have mentioned, adding weight to the front end doesn’t make for a well handling truck.

the eco boost, while smaller and less hp, prob gives the raptor a much better weight distribution than most of its (few) competitors.

Soooo.. A? Got it.

Users who are viewing this thread