Ford GT makes 647 HP/550 TQ, weighs 3054 lbs, has top of 216

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
who's going to have the balls to put bigger turbos on it and jump to 1000hp and take it to the texas mile? lol

love the choice of doors this time. and that blue is amazing.

Several people will.

Plenty of guys have popped Lamborghini engines and just shrugged.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unknown track = less chance of spy photos. I wonder how Ford got their hands on an 675LT. Those are rare and $$$. I bet it could be a tax write off for testing purposes and then sold at a Ford dealership... lol
I'll offer to take it off their hands lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Finally some power figures! The curb weight is about 500 lbs heavier than I was expecting. And what's with Ford testing cars on tracks nobody has heard of??
Car was assembled by Multimatic in Canada, makes sense to test it somewhere near.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if the extreme rarity of these cars will change that. It's comparatively easy to get an Aventador or Huracan. Would still love to see what can be done.

Which really sucks. Ford would have zero issue selling 2-3x the estimated 250 annual units.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Which really sucks. Ford would have zero issue selling 2-3x the estimated 250 annual units.
Correct. But they want the wow factor of limited production and the ability to "control" who gets their hands on them.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
That can be said of 90% of any performance car. Even in Utah I wasn't maxing out the GT350, and that was with other peoples tires. My sense of self-preservation has a keener understanding of my abilities than my ego has.
I would still kill for a FGT.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Thought it was to take on the top tier of hyper cars(hence "world beater"). For this level I understand how amazing it is at 3 seconds lap difference just didn't expect it at a 100,000 price difference from its competitors. I hope Ford did it right and made the tune conservative. 700+hp tuned GT's would be amazing to see.

Also, anyone notice the performance numbers are the very close to the XJ220?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well considering we only have times from one track, how about giving it some time to be compared to more cars?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Thought it was to take on the top tier of hyper cars(hence "world beater"). For this level I understand how amazing it is at 3 seconds lap difference just didn't expect it at a 100,000 price difference from its competitors. I hope Ford did it right and made the tune conservative. 700+hp tuned GT's would be amazing to see.

Also, anyone notice the performance numbers are the very close to the XJ220?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize how close even or better the 675lt is to the p1 laf and 918 are don't you?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Finally some power figures! The curb weight is about 500 lbs heavier than I was expecting. And what's with Ford testing cars on tracks nobody has heard of??
It is a pretty known track, I've been there before. It is not too far for Multimatic to test the FGT.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Didn't Ford claim it would have the best power to weight of any car? A little surprised by the weight. Rumors seemed to suggest significantly lower. I guess that's why they are called rumors.

Maybe we'll see a "special" version in the future, Stripped of all non essential gear.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Didn't Ford claim it would have the best power to weight of any car? A little surprised by the weight. Rumors seemed to suggest significantly lower. I guess that's why they are called rumors.

Maybe we'll see a "special" version in the future, Stripped of all non essential gear.
Initially yes, but they mentioned they gave up on that after adding in the active aero and suspension because the car was actually faster with the extra pork.

Users who are viewing this thread