Ford GT makes 647 HP/550 TQ, weighs 3054 lbs, has top of 216

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
now that Ive had time to read the article interesting explanation that the antilag is apparently to blame for the fuel economy rating

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
15.3 quart oil capacity.

Just a tad higher than the usual 3.5 capacity of 6 quarts lol.

Haven't found the tech specs for the Raptor yet

Is it dry sump?

My old 911 used +12 qts.

Its a 4 stage external dry sump setup.

This car looks to be incredible. Not that I will ever have one, but a little disappointed ford "under-delivered" on their best power-to-weight of any production car claim.

Voltwings

Established Member
Its a 4 stage external dry sump setup.

This car looks to be incredible. Not that I will ever have one, but a little disappointed ford "under-delivered" on their best power-to-weight of any production car claim.

If you read the article, they actually didnt. They hit the weight target, but after testing with active suspension and aero they realized they were faster, so the weight got added back with those components.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If you read the article, they actually didnt. They hit the weight target, but after testing with active suspension and aero they realized they were faster, so the weight got added back with those components.

Ford made that claim a while ago.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Right, when they hit it... before the weight got added back with active aero and suspension.

This isn't the first time ford came up "short" on promises, especially regarding weight. Not that the GT is anything less than spectacular.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Impressive. I can already see this thing going for crazy numbers at Barret-Jackson.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Haters keep hating. I like the car, and these specs have zero impact on me moving forward with our allocation. I look forward to driving one.

blk02edge

Established Member
Haters keep hating. I like the car, and these specs have zero impact on me moving forward with our allocation. I look forward to driving one.
Do you have a build date? What color did you go with?

AAG

Established Member
What's up with the torque number? The F150/Raptor make more torque than horsepower.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
who's going to have the balls to put bigger turbos on it and jump to 1000hp and take it to the texas mile? lol

love the choice of doors this time. and that blue is amazing.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn. This car must make a shit ton of downforce, in it's most efficient setting (v max) the coefficient of drag is 0.35.

My car is 0.355, which is pretty close to a brick.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
F-150 and raptor are designed to have lots of low end torque for towing and off road duty which is more imoportant than high end horsepower.

Ford GT is designed for making power high in the RPM band where it will spend most of its time on a race track.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Damn did I read the car needs 15+ qts of oil?
And i thought the 8.4 Viper V10 needed a lot (11qts)!

This car is probably underrated like all of fords high end force inducted cars. Wouldnt be surprised if its 647 at the rear wheels!!! :D

scn

Established Member
i get the distinct feeling that Ford is holding back on some performance numbers. I guess we will see. Either way, badass car.

Gravik

Established Member
Wonder what kinda #'s they'll make with a tune. Sering as how well the 3.5 in the f150 and whatnot responds

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Finally some power figures! The curb weight is about 500 lbs heavier than I was expecting. And what's with Ford testing cars on tracks nobody has heard of??

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Finally some power figures! The curb weight is about 500 lbs heavier than I was expecting. And what's with Ford testing cars on tracks nobody has heard of??
Unknown track = less chance of spy photos. I wonder how Ford got their hands on an 675LT. Those are rare and $$$. I bet it could be a tax write off for testing purposes and then sold at a Ford dealership... lol

Users who are viewing this thread