Ford GT on a budget...yikes

SpdKilz

Established Member
Saw this sexy beast yesterday at the local "Supercar Sunday" get together.
fordgthaha01.jpg

fordgthaha02.jpg

Other Mustang...
mustang01.jpg

My future car :bowdown:

ferrari01.jpg

- Carleton

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i was there yesterday. we were actually checking this "gt40" out and trying to discern if it was actually real or not. ive seen real GT40s in person. this thing seemed pretty short in length and all over it seemed like a real hodge podge of fiberglass :dw:

it seriously looked like a pos kit car. but im no expert on these things so....:shrug:

I love the "Goodyear Eagles" that appear to actually be BFG KDWII's.

That is win in my book!

lmao! i mentioned that to my buddy. "is it just me or did this guy write this on the tires himself??" buddy-"i think his kid wrote it" :p

damn v6 mustang owners lol, id put all the money in the world on it thats its a v6

:lol:

ive seen the car there a dozen times but i JUST realized yesterday that the "avanti" convertible that is there all the time is actually an S197 with some sort of Avanti body kit?! :dw:

OP, are you visiting from chicago?

and did you SEE the insane Pantera that was parked next to it later?? CLEANEST pantera i have EVER seen in my life :eek: even cleaner than the one at the sema show last year!! the owner seemed like a douche about it though :bored:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ok, upon further review of the footage, i call the car a POS imposter and award the team no points. 4th down, 100000000000000000 yards to go :bored:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely not an original GT-40. It has to be a kit of some type. A very poor kit. That front hood is hacked pretty badly. What a mess.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Looks like he rough cut the front end and bondo'd what he messed up which appears to be the entire car.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
I really hope that car is just a kit car hacked up. It would be senseless for it to be anything else, and a damn shame too.

SpdKilz

Established Member
OP, are you visiting from chicago?

and did you SEE the insane Pantera that was parked next to it later?? CLEANEST pantera i have EVER seen in my life :eek: even cleaner than the one at the sema show last year!! the owner seemed like a douche about it though :bored:

I am actually going to law school at Pepperdine. I'm so flipping busy this was the first time I have been able to stop by the show all year (and even then it was because I was running errands and it was on the way, haha).

I didn't see the Pantera! Dang it. I need to go a bit earlier I think next time.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
With someone that actually knows what they are doing as far as body work is concerned it could look good.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I am actually going to law school at Pepperdine. I'm so flipping busy this was the first time I have been able to stop by the show all year (and even then it was because I was running errands and it was on the way, haha).

I didn't see the Pantera! Dang it. I need to go a bit earlier I think next time.

You need to go the last Sunday of each Month :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread